- Student Toolkit
- Parking and Transportation
- Public Safety and Security
- Campus ID Office
- Academic Resource Center
- Career Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CAPS)
- Disability Support Services
- Health Services
- Department of Information Technology
- Office of the Bursar
- Walsh Library
- The Student Toolkit is a quick and easy way to search for campus resources and policies.
Parking and Transportation
- Anyone who parks his/her vehicle on the South Orange campus MUST properly display a valid parking permit at all times.
- Obtain a parking permit online through your Bursar account. Access your Bursar account by signing into PirateNet.
- SHUFLY is a shuttle service which stops at multiple locations on the Seton Hall campus and in the town of South Orange.
- SHUFLY is free for all residential students; otherwise the fare is $1 and can only be paid through Pirate's Gold.
- SHUFLY Route
- SHUFLY Hours of Operation
NJ Transit Discount
- The South Orange train station for NJ Transit is less than one mile away from Seton Hall University's campus.
- NJ Transit offers a 25% off discount on monthly passes to full-time students at Seton Hall University.
- To obtain a discounted monthly pass, fill out the Official Application for Student Tickets which can be found at any train station. Students need to have the application stamped or signed by the Office of the Registrar. Once that is complete students must bring the application to the NJ Transit ticket office to purchase their monthly pass. There is a ticket office located in the South Orange train station.
Public Safety and Security
- Contact: (973) 761-9328
- SafeRide provides free transportation for students travelling off campus to locations in the immediate vicinity of the campus which SHUFLY does not stop at.
- Public Safety and Security Hours of Operation
- PirateAlert is an emergency notification system used to notify the SHU community of public safety emergencies, serious crimes which occurred on campus or nearby, and emergency campus closings.
- PirateAlert notifications arrive as e-mails, phone calls, or text messages.
- Students and employees of SHU are automatically in the PirateAlert system and will receive e-mails and text messages based on the information provided in Banner. To change your settings, visit PirateNet.
Security Escort Services
- All members of the SHU community can use the Public Safety 24 hour escort service on campus.
- Click here for all building hours on campus.
Campus ID Office
A SHU ID is used for the following purposes:
- Personal identification
- Access to campus buildings
- Meal plan
- Pirate's Gold purchases
- Recreation Center access
- Access to campus events
Visit the Campus ID Office to obtain your ID card.
- Pirate's Gold is a money management system linked to your SHU ID card.
- Students can deposit money onto their ID card through their Bursar accounts.
- Pirate's Gold functions like a debit card. It can be used as payment on campus and at some participating locations off campus.
Academic Resource Center
Location: Bayley Hall Rm. 209
Contact: (973) 761-9355
Internships, Part-time Jobs and Full-time Professional Positions
Career Center Events
Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CAPS)
Location: Mooney Hall, 2nd floor
Contact: (973) 761-9500
Individual and Group Therapy
- CAPS offers several outreach services, including consultation, referrals, training, participation in community events, and educational programs for a variety of mental health issues.
- Visit their website for more information on outreach programming.
Disability Support Services
Location: Duffy Hall room 67
Contact: (973) 313-6003
DSS offers a wide range of services, including exam accommodations and parking.
Visit their website for more information on disability support services.
Location: 303 Centre Street
Contact: (973) 761-9175
Health Services' Hours of Operation
Student Health Form
Services provided: Allergy desensitization injections, dermatology, general primary care, health education, immunizations, laboratory services, men's health care, mental health, referrals, sports medicine, travel consultation, and women's health care/gynecology.
Department of Information Technology
Location: Corrigan Hall
Contact: (973) 275-2222
For Graduate Students
Public computer labs:
- Anderson Lab - Jubilee Hall, Room 524
- Nursing Lab - Schwartz Building, Room 205
- Walsh Library Information Commons- Walsh Library
- Language Lab- Fahy Hall, Room 202
Office of the Bursar
Location: Bayley Hall Rm. 121
Billing and Payment FAQs
- Contact: 973-761-9443
- At each printer, users are required to swipe their SHU ID card to obtain their printout.
- Printing is $0.05/page in black and white, $0.65/page in color. Full time students are allotted 400 black and white pages per semester. Part time students are allotted 200 black and white pages per semester.
- Search for articles, books, databases, and journals:
- Off-Campus Research Guide
- Services for Graduate Students