- Parking and Transportation
- Public Safety and Security
- Campus ID Office
- Academic Resource Center
- Career Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CAPS)
- Disability Support Services
- Health Services
- Department of Information Technology
- Office of the Bursar
- Walsh Library
Parking and Transportation
- Anyone who parks his/her vehicle on the South Orange campus MUST properly display a valid parking permit at all times.
- Obtain a parking permit online through your Bursar account. Access your Bursar account by signing into PirateNet .
- SHUFLY is a shuttle service which stops at multiple locations on the Seton Hall campus and in the town of South Orange.
- SHUFLY is free for all residential students; otherwise the fare is $1 and can only be paid through Pirate's Gold.
- SHUFLY Route
- Hours of Operation
NJ Transit Discount
- The South Orange train station for NJ Transit is less than one mile away from Seton Hall University's campus.
- NJ Transit offers a 25% off discount on monthly passes to full time students at Seton Hall University.
- To obtain a discounted monthly pass, sign into PirateNet and use the link provided on the Profile and Finances page.
Public Safety and Security
- Contact: (973) 761-9328
- SafeRide provides free transportation for students travelling off campus to locations in the immediate vicinity of the campus which SHUFLY does not stop at.
- Hours of Operation
- PirateAlert is an emergency notification system used to notify the SHU community of public safety emergencies, serious crimes which occurred on campus or nearby, and emergency campus closings.
- PirateAlert notifications arrive as e-mails, phone calls, or text messages.
- Students and employees of SHU are automatically in the PirateAlert system and will receive e-mails and text messages based on the information provided in Banner. To change your settings, visit PirateNet.
Security Escort Services
- All members of the SHU community can use the Public Safety 24 hour escort service on campus.
- Click here for all building hours on campus.
Campus ID Office
A SHU ID is used for the following purposes:
- Personal identification
- Access to campus buildings
- Meal plan
- Pirate's Gold purchases
- Recreation Center access
- Access to campus events
Visit the Campus ID Office to obtain your ID card.
- Pirate's Gold is a money management system linked to your SHU ID card.
- Students can deposit money onto their ID card through their Bursar accounts.
- Pirate's Gold functions like a debit card. It can be used as payment on campus and at some participating locations off campus.
Academic Resource Center
Location: Bayley Hall Rm. 209
Contact: (973) 761-9355
Internships, Part-time Jobs and Full-time Professional Positions
Career Center Events
Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CAPS)
Location: Mooney Hall, 2nd floor
Contact: (973) 761-9500
Individual and Group Therapy
- CAPS offers several outreach services, including consultation, referrals, training, participation in community events, and educational programs for a variety of mental health issues.
- Visit their website for more information.
Disability Support Services
Location: Duffy Hall room 67
Contact: (973) 313-6003
DSS offers a wide range of services, including exam accommodations and parking.
Visit their website for more information.
Location: 303 Centre Street
Contact: (973) 761-9175
Hours of Operation
Student Health Form
Services provided: Allergy desensitization injections, dermatology, general primary care, health education, immunizations, laboratory services, men's health care, mental health, referrals, sports medicine, travel consultation, and women's health care/gynecology.
Department of Information Technology
Location: Corrigan Hall
Contact: (973) 275-2222
For Graduate Students
Public computer labs:
- Anderson Lab - Jubilee Hall, Room 524
- Nursing Lab - Schwartz Building, Room 205
- Walsh Library Information Commons- Walsh Library
- Language Lab- Fahy Hall, Room 202
Office of the Bursar
Location: Bayley Hall Rm. 121
Billing and Payment FAQs
- Contact: 973-761-9443
- At each printer, users are required to swipe their SHU ID card to obtain their printout.
- Printing is $0.05/page in black and white, $0.65/page in color. Full time students are allotted 400 black and white pages per semester. Part time students are allotted 200 black and white pages per semester.
- Search for articles, books, databases, and journals:
- Off-Campus Research Guide
- Services for Graduate Students