Time and Attendance FAQ
As an approver, can I delegate approving authority to another person in my office?
Leave Reports allows approvers to set up Proxies to approve on their behalf. Instructions can be found here.
Will a manager get a notice when there is something to do in Leave Reports?
Managers will get notifications about the general deadline (usually the 5th of the following month).
As a supervisor, can I enter time in Leave Reports on behalf of my employee?
Faculty, Administrators, Librarians, Adjunct Faculty and Graduate Assistants paid monthly are required to submit their Leave Report. Once it is submitted, managers can return for correction or make changes directly on the Leave Report before approving.
If your employee is unable to submit a leave report, contact HRIS to have it routed to you for changes.
How are Administrators on the Bi-Weekly payroll impacted?
Administrators paid on the biweekly payroll (Non-Exempt Administrators) should use TimeClock Plus to record their attendance.
How do I enter my time in Leave Reports during Summer Hours?
The Summer Hour schedule is 7.75 hour days Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on a Friday. Administrators and Librarians using Leave reports should enter the appropriate hours for each day off.
When do I use the Leave Report?
The leave report will be open from the 25th of the current month to the 5th of the following month.
What are the deadlines for Leave Reports?
Faculty, Administrators, Librarians, Adjunct Faculty and Graduate Assistants must submit their Leave Report and Supervisors must approve by close of business on the 5th of the month.
Do employees need to submit a leave report even if they didn't take any time?
Yes, Faculty, Administrators, Librarians, Adjunct Faculty and Graduate Assistants paid monthly should submit a leave report each month.
How do I track these in Leave Reports?
Leave Reports is used to track any leave type for which an employee has a balance (Vacation, Sick, and Volunteer).
- For Bereavement Leave, employees should work with their supervisor, in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
- For Jury Duty, employees should work with their supervisor, in accordance with the Employee Handbook. Documentation is required for time away for jury duty.
What is my responsibility as an employee using Time Clock Plus?
Employees using Time Clock Plus are required to:
- Submit accurate time records.
- Record their time on a daily basis.
- Approve their timecard by the published deadline. (usually 5:00 p.m. of the last day of the pay period)
How do I see if my manager approved my timecard?
You will not receive an email for timesheet approval. See the below steps to access the approval status of your timesheet:
- Log Into TimeClock Plus
- Go to ‘Hours’ under the ‘View’ Menu Option.
- Ensure that you are in the correct pay period using the pay period navigation buttons.
- Verify the exception indicator is not red. If the indicator is blue or clear/blank, your manager has approved your timecard.
- If the indicator is red, please contact your manager to approve your timecard.
How do I request time off in Time Clock Plus?
Instructions for requesting time off in TimeClock Plus can be found here.
How do I enter my lunch break?
If you worked a full day with a lunch break, you should have 2 segments.
- In the first segment, enter the time that you came to work in the first box and enter the time you took your lunch in the next box (in and out).
- Click on “Add” to add a new Segment and similarly, enter time you returned from lunch and then enter the time you left for the day (in and out).
I am a new Bi-Weekly paid employee, when will I be able to login to Time Clock Plus?
New employees will be able to access Time Clock Plus once their new hire paperwork is completed and entered into Banner (within 1 or 2 days).
How do I record my time in Time Clock Plus?
Employees paid on the Bi-weekly payroll (Local 153, Paraprofessionals, and Non-Exempt Administrators) should enter time worked (time in and out) and/or exception time (e.g. vacation, sick, floating holiday) on their Time Clock Plus timecard each day. These hours will be used to determine payment.
Step by Step instructions for entering time in Time Clock Plus can be found here.
When should I approve my Time Clock Plus timecard?
Employees paid on the Bi-weekly payroll should approve their timecard on the last day of the pay period (Thursday) so that their supervisor can review prior to final approval.
What happens if I enter my hours but forget to approve my Time Clock Plus timecard?
Time recorded in Time Clock Plus is paid based on hours approved by an employee's supervisor. While it is preferred that the employee also approves the timecard, only manager approval by the published deadline is required to ensure payment.
I've entered my time in Time Clock Plus - How and when do I get paid?
Once your time has been recorded in Time Clock Plus and approved by your manager within the published deadlines you will be paid on the next scheduled pay date.
Will University holidays automatically be populated on my Time Clock Plus timecard or should I enter them?
University Holidays will automatically be populated on your Time Clock Plus timecard based on the University Holiday schedule.
Can my supervisor make changes to my Time Clock Plus timecard?
Yes. Your supervisor can make changes to your timecard even after you've approved it.
What happens if my manager is not available to approve my Time Clock Plus timecard?
The next level manager can approve it. If you are unsure of your next level manager, please refer to the University Organization Chart (you must be on the campus network view the Org Chart). If the next level manager is unavailable please contact HRIS.
Why can't my supervisor see my timecard in Time Clock Plus?
If your supervisor cannot view your timecard in Time Clock Plus, verify the reporting structure is accurate on the University Org Chart. If the reporting structure is not accurate, please have your manager contact Compensation to update Banner which will in turn automatically update the Org Chart and Time Clock Plus on the following day.
If you have confirmed reporting structure is accurate on the University Org Chart and your manager is still unable to view your timecard, please contact HRIS.
Why am I getting an error message when trying to log into TimeClock Plus?
There are different ways for employees and supervisors to log in. The Okta chiclet is only for employees to use.
- For manager access go into the PirateNet Portal – Profile tab – Under the Human Resources section click on “Managers - Biweekly Employee Timesheet Approval”
Can I approve as a proxy/delegate for another manager?
Managers can approve their employees and those 2 levels below in hierarchy. Currently, the delegate/proxy feature is not fully enabled. For assistance, contact Human Resource Information Systems.
What are my log in credentials? It asks for “External ID.”
Time Clock Plus login credentials are the same as your PirateNet Login credentials. External ID is your shortname/PirateNet Username.
On Time Clock Plus, what is the difference between “OT1” and “OT2”?
OT1 is overtime at time and a half (1.5 times the normal hourly rate). OT2 is overtime paid at double the normal hourly rate.
Why are the dates for the default pay period incorrect?
Ensure that the pay period option drop down reflects the correct dates. Select ‘Last Period’ if you are approving on the Friday after pay period close and ‘This Period’ if you are approving on or before the pay period close date. (Thursday).
See the below steps to set a default pay period in Time Clock Plus:
- Click on ‘Hours’ and then ‘Individual Hours’
- Click 'Options.'
- Set the Default Pay Period. (It is also suggested you set the other defaults listed in the screenshot below):
- Click 'Apply' to save the changes. (Note: The changes will take effect the next time you log into Time Clock Plus)
When will my new employee appear in Time Clock Plus?
- New employees will be able to access Time Clock Plus once their new hire paperwork is completed and entered into Banner (within 1 or 2 days).
- Employees transferring into your area will also be captured in Time Clock Plus during a nightly refresh after the transfer has been processed in Banner.
As a supervisor am I required to approve my employee's Time Clock Plus timecard?
Yes. Supervisors must approve their employees Time Clock Plus timecard on or before the published deadline in order for the employee to be paid. Supervisors also have the ability to edit and update the timecard before approving.
Who can make changes to an employee's Time Clock Plus timecard?
- An employee can update the Time Clock Plus timecard before it is approved by their supervisor.
- The supervisor can also update the Time Clock Plus timecard before approving.
If a supervisor has already approved an employee's Time Clock Plus timecard they can update it by first removing their approval.