The Wellness Room is a private space designed to help improve the mental health and well-being of SHU students. Funded by the Great Minds Dare to Care grant, a university-wide collaborative suicide prevention initiative focused on student wellness and mental health, this room offers a calming opportunity to unplug, recenter, and practice mindfulness when feeling stressed.
Located on the 4th floor of the library in a private, quiet location, students can get the key to access this space at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the library.
By entering this room students agree to the following rules:
- One student at a time.
- Limit use to approximately 30 minutes.
- Unplug as you enter. Please do not use your cellphone or other technology inside.
- Do not use this space as a study room.
- Remain quiet and respectful of other students at the library. (Please use headphones if listening to music.)
- Please clean up after yourself and leave the space as you found it. Disinfect before and after use.
- You are responsible for the key to the room, as well as the condition of the room and its objects. Fees will apply for loss or damage. University Libraries is not responsible for any items you leave in the room. To report a building issue, contact the Circulation desk at 973-761-9443.
Can't make it to the library? Check-out our virtual wellness room.