About University Relations
Seton Hall University’s Division of University Relations shares the Seton Hall story with diverse internal and external stakeholders through compelling and persuasive communications and events. Both independently and through cross-campus partnerships, the Division works collaboratively to deliver messaging through multiple channels to gain understanding and support for Seton Hall as a major, Catholic university.
What’s Our Role?
Comprised of the departments of University Communications and Government Relations, our team of professionals supports the Seton Hall community and performs two key roles, grounded in the University’s strategic plan, Harvest Our Treasures:
- Lead Seton Hall’s comprehensive, integrated, strategic communications focused on achieving
institutional objectives for the University and its colleges and schools, including
all branding, integrated marketing, media relations, crisis communications and related
- Serve as the University’s chief representative to local, state, and national government. Develop and direct the operation of policies, procedures and programs addressing federal, state, and local government relations and public-policy issues.
What’s Our Structure?
The Department of University Communications works to develop and oversee communications, marketing and public relations programs that support the University’s missions and goals. It is comprised of three function areas:
- Strategic Communications and Brand – advances Seton Hall University’s brand identity through strategic communication,
brand experience and visual design; this work crosses multiple, intersecting platforms
including events, print, web/online, video/multimedia, photography and environmental
branding. Learn more »
- Public Relations and Marketing – delivers integrated communications, including developing, maintaining and overseeing
Seton Hall's comprehensive media relations and marketing plans to enhance the University's
visibility and reputation and showcase the University's academic offerings, scholarship,
research, and faculty and student accomplishments. Learn more »
- Leadership Communications – articulate Seton Hall’s voice and vision in high-level communications, including those from the Office of the President and the Executive Cabinet, to ensure a clear and consistent voice in alignment with Harvest Our Treasures.
Government and Community Relations
The Department of Government Relations is responsible for managing Seton Hall’s relationship with federal, state and local government. The department works closely with Seton Hall administrators and faculty to ensure the University is completely prepared for issues and opportunities as they arise. Learn more »
Who’s Part of the Team?
Meet our staff of creative, talented professionals, consultants and thought partners. Meet the team »