Room Change Period
Fall 2023 Room Change Period: Friday, September 15 to Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
Room Change Period is the opportunity for you to change your housing assignments during the semester. Anyone who is interested in changing rooms must complete the Room Change Period Application via their eRezLife portal during the designated period. Please note that requests are granted based on availability – any requests that are feasible will be accommodated.
The application will show options for three types of room changes:
- Room Trade: Two students mutually request to trade rooms (both involved students must complete an application)
- Room with a Friend: A student requests to move into a vacancy within a friend’s room
- Room Roulette: A student requests to move into any available vacancy (“vacancy” means an empty bed; likely, another student will already be living in the room)
For all types of room changes, you must be eligible to live in your new room (i.e., first-year students cannot live in the Upperclass Area and vice versa, etc.). Only one type of room change may be requested at a time. If your first request is not able to be accommodated, then you may request a new type.
In response to your request, you will receive an email stating whether your request is able to be accommodated. If it is being accommodated, then you will receive an offer for a new room. You MUST respond to any room offer within 24 hours.
If you accept a new room offer, then you will receive another email with instructions for transitioning into your new room. You (and your items) must remain in your original housing assignment until you receive appropriate instructions. Moving your items or switching room keys prior to receiving instructions will jeopardize your eligibility to participate in Room Change Period.
Requests for room changes will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis during University hours (8:45am-4:45pm) Monday through Friday. For more information, view the Room Change Policy.
Note the following billing and dining effects:
- You will be responsible for all balances incurred due to room changes. Charges will be applied directly to your billing account.
- All non-equal room changes may result in an increase or decrease in your housing charges (i.e., moving from a triple to a double or vice versa, etc.).
- If changing assignments from Ora Manor or Turrell Manor to an on-campus hall, you are required to purchase a meal plan.
- You will be responsible for any damages incurred in your original housing assignments.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.