Exam Proctoring Request Form
Exam Accommodation Information
Disability Support Services (DSS) recommends that students meet with their instructors at least one (1) week before each scheduled exam to determine how exam accommodations will be implemented.
Possible options include:
- Taking the exam with the class
- Taking the exam with appropriate accommodations arranged by the instructor. When discussing this option with faculty, please ask them to explore the following:
- Determine if the classroom is available for an early start or late finish
- Identify a department office or conference room that can be used for proctoring
- Determine which individuals in the department can assist with exam proctoring
- Taking the exam at DSS
DSS provides exam proctoring for students who need assistive computer technology, readers, scribes, specialized accommodations, etc.
Procedures for Requesting Exam Proctoring at DSS:
- Students must submit an Exam Proctoring Request at least 4 business days before the test. Business days does not include weekends and/or holidays. Additional notice is needed during midterms and finals.
- The instructor must complete their portion after receiving the Exam Proctoring Request. Instructors are required to submit the requested information within 48 hours of the scheduled exam. We also ask that you upload, email or hand deliver the exam 24 hours prior to when the student is taking it.
- A DSS administrator will confirm the testing arrangements with the instructor and student upon receipt of the completed Exam Proctoring Request.
- DSS will only proctor exams between the hours of 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Students must discuss alternative timing with faculty before submitting the DSS Exam Proctoring Request.