A Time to Reflect – A Week to Celebrate
After amazing years of hard work and good times, all of Setonia stands together in this historic moment to congratulate the Class of 2020. With Pirate Pride, 1,299 undergraduates, 691 graduating with honors, and 1,035 graduate students will be welcomed into the Seton Hall family. These 2,334 newest alumni will join the ranks of more than 100,000 alumni worldwide who are #SetonHallStrong.
Many have poignantly recognized and acknowledged that strength in a semester no one expected would include so many challenges. Despite or perhaps because of these difficulties, Seton Hall has witnessed our students' dedication, academic achievement, resilience and kindness.
To mark this significant milestone, Seton Hall has announced the launch of a digital takeover of its website and social media accounts starting with the live streaming of a celebratory mass on Sunday, May 17, and continuing with personal messages and tributes throughout the week. The University looks forward to an in-person graduation celebration where every can gather together as one community when it’s safe to do so.
Every day this week the Seton Hall web site will feature video messages from the entire University community: parents and families, friends, professors, alumni and many others who helped to shape the Seton Hall experience. Hundreds of Setonians will participate including scheduled graduation speaker and alumnus James M. Murray, director of the United States Secret Service; University President Joseph E. Nyre, Ph.D.; His Eminence, Joseph William Cardinal Tobin, C.Ss.R., Archbishop of Newark, and a number of University celebrities and surprise guests throughout the week. The singing of Alma Mater and Fight Song video will also be featured.
The week’s digital festivities include:
- Sunday, May 17, 10 a.m. Mass of Celebration for the Class of 2020 – We invite the University community to view a live streamed Mass.
- Monday, May 18, Inspiring Reflections from University Leaders and Special Guests – President Nyre said it best: "These are challenging times, but these are our times."
- Tuesday, May 19, Congratulations Class of 2020: Messages from Our Deans, Faculty and Staff
- Wednesday, May 20, Presenting the Class of 2020 – Stop by to see your classmates celebrating this unforgettable milestone.
- Thursday, May 21, We are Family – Parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends – oh my! - stop by to share their pride for all you have accomplished and all that is yet to come.
- Friday, May 22, Forever a Pirate, Past Seton Hall graduates welcome the newest members of our alumni family.
In addition to these scheduled plans, while physical distancing procedures remain in place students can return to the South Orange campus to take graduation photos and videos through Sunday, May 24. Students are asked to reserve a 30-minute appointment via Microsoft Bookings. No more than four people are permitted to accompany the graduate on campus during each reservation time.
Class of 2020 graduates can take pride in what they've accomplished, knowing that they will be cheered on as they prepare to continue their life's journeys. For more details, visit the Commencement website.
Categories: Campus Life