Tuition Payment Information
Tuition Payment Policy:
Prior to beginning the semester, all students must ensure that all financial responsibilities to the University are satisfied. As payment of accounts at Seton Hall usually involves both financial aid and direct payments, it is necessary for all students to handle these matters before returning to campus.
If this obligation is not met:
- Registration and Transcript Holds will be applied to your account
- You may be subject to future pre-payment prior to registration
- Guest and visitor privileges may be suspended
- You will not have access to the recreation facilities.
If your account is still not settled by the end of add/drop, you can expect to be required to check out of your residence hall. If your plans to live on campus have changed, please notify Housing & Residence Life immediately so we can assign someone who is on our wait list.
Tuition and Costs:
Check your Account Balance:
- Log in to PirateNet using your username and password.
- Click on the "Profile and Finances" tab.
- Click on "View and Pay My Bill."
- Proceed to "View and Pay My Bill."
Please Note: Electronic billing is the official means of distributing student bills. Each time a bill is available, an e-mail will be sent to the student's Seton Hall University e-mail account. This notification will also be sent to any additional "billing" e-mail address that students have designated for a third party, such as a parent or guardian. Students can access their e-bill through the PirateNet portal.
Tuition Payment Methods:
Students may use one of the following payment options to pay their bills:
Online through PirateNet:
- Electronic check or e-check (No convenience fee.)
- Credit Card (A non-refundable PayPath Payment Service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3.00) will be added to your payment)
- Bank Wire (select amount and currency, take receipt to bank, and they will authorize payment to Seton Hall University)
In person in Bayley Hall, Room 121:
- Check (Personal, Certified, Cashier's checks accepted)
- Money Order
Credit Card Payments
- All major credit cards.
- A non-refundable PayPath Payment Service fee of 2.85% (minimum $3.00) will be added to your payment.
Payment Plan Options:
Seton Hall University offers interest-free payment plans that provide you with flexibility and time to meet your financial obligation. The payment plan is an option that breaks down the large-sum payments due at the beginning of each semester into easy-to-manage installments. The plan is typically spread over five or seven months, with the final payment due prior to registration for next term. There currently is no payment plan available for summer terms.
Missing a scheduled installment on the payment plan will result in a balance owed directly to Seton Hall and may result in cancellation of registration. Late fees will be assessed to all past due balances. Repeated payment plan terminations may prevent future participation.
Payment in full is required by the bill's due date. Any amounts unpaid after this date are subject to late fees. A maximum of $250 per semester in late fees will be assessed to accounts unpaid beyond the due date for each term.
Checks returned unpaid from a bank for any reason are subject to a $35 returned check fee in addition to late fees. All students are notified by an e-mail or letter of any returned checks received by the Bursar. A returned e-check fee of $15 applies to any online check payments.
The student will not be allowed to re-register for classes until after the account is settled. A registration hold will be placed on the student's record until the balance is resolved through an alternate payment method. Alternate payment options are credit card, cash, money order or cashier/bank check.