During the week of April 19, you are invited to join the Student Alumni Association (SAA) as they host their annual program, Seton Hall Philanthropy Week. This week is a way to recognize the vital role donors continue to play on the success of Seton Hall University.
The annual initiative, organized by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), began in 2013 to increase student understanding of philanthropy and grow engagement on campuses. Seton Hall's SAA has participated in this initiative since its launch and has continued the tradition of highlighting the University's most dedicated members.
"It has been proven that educating students about the importance of giving is crucial. The hope is that they will continue to support Seton Hall after graduation and continue to positively impact the rates that we as an institution have raised each year. Statistics aside, giving to Seton Hall is an investment in our peers. Many students receive financial aid, a good deal of which is the direct result of generous donors, including students."
-Lynn Tecza '21,
President, Student Alumni Association
In partnership with University Advancement, SAA will be hosting events that students can experience virtually or in person. These events provide students an opportunity to learn about philanthropy at Seton Hall and thank donors and volunteers who have contributed to their education and the University as a whole.
Throughout the week, SAA will host educational programs that focus on teaching the Seton Hall community about philanthropy and showing gratitude to University donors. The entire Seton Hall community is invited to participate on campus or online through several activities:
Monday, April 19
- Event: Thank a Giver "TAG" Day
- Time: All Day
- SAA will place tags around campus to symbolize the number of donors dedicated to enhancing the Seton Hall experience. They will also place bows in and around buildings which indicate objects that were built of created through the support of donors. There will be social media contests throughout the day for Setonians to participate in and put their philanthropy trivia to the test for prizes.
- Event: "Once a Pirate Always a Pirate" Young Alumni Panel
- Time: 6:30 p.m. via Microsoft Teams
- Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from a group of young alumni (alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years). This panel will be moderated by Joseph Testa '12, Co-President of the Young Alumni Club, and will feature young alumni in various fields who will talk about their experience after graduating, and the role that Seton Hall has played in their lives. Learn about their Seton Hall story, where they are today and why they stay connected to Seton Hall after graduation.
Tuesday, April 20
- Event: 4th Annual Seton Hall Giving Day
- Time: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Celebrate Giving Day with SAA! Join members of SAA on the Green between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. as they host a trivia-themed Pirate Cab in addition to other activities to celebrate the Seton Hall community coming together in support of the University. Get a head start on participating in this Seton Hall tradition and make your Giving Day gift today: www.shu.edu/givingday. Students who make a gift of $18.56 or more will be recognized as members of our 1856 Student Giving Society. Learn more about the benefits of joining the 1856 Society here (http://www.shu.edu/1856society) .
Wednesday, April 21
- Event: 4th Annual Seton Hall Giving Day
- Continue celebrating the University's success during this year's Giving Day efforts, which end on 4/21. Check out SAA's Instagram during the day to stay updated on the latest Giving Day information and contests.
Thursday, April 22
- Event: Thank You Thursday
- Help SAA thank our donors who continue to play a vital role in our university's success. Stop by the Student Alumni Association's Table inside the University Center lobby to thank those who continue to support the University. You will be able to scan a QR code to write a quick note or shoot a video that will be shared with our supporters who give back to students. SAA will continue to thank donors through their annual Thank-a-Thon campaign, where they call alumni donors to say thank you. SAA's Thank-a-Thon is set to take place the following week.
For more information, please contact: