A student is eligible to participate in Seton Hall University's RISE program if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Is enrolled at Seton Hall University or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term
- Must meet income criteria as established by the U.S. Dept. of Education
- Has a need for academic support, as determined by RISE, to successfully pursue a postsecondary educational program.
Additionally, student participants must meet at least one of the following categories:
- Be first-generation college students (neither parent/guardian holds a bachelor's degree or higher)
- Be from a low income level as determined by federal guidelines for family unit size.
- Have a documented disability.