Professor Yeomin Yoon teaches international finance at both undergraduate and MBA levels, and a course in global business at the undergraduate level. His research has been widely recognized, achieving some of the largest number of downloads from the Social Science Research Network. He also received a “Bright Idea Award” for a finance research paper. His commentaries on global financial matters and other issues are often published in major newspapers, including The Financial Times, The Economist, The Japan Economic Journal, The Korea Herald and Newsweek. Dr. Yoon served for eight years as Senior Special Fellow and Academic Advisor for the United Nations Institute for Training and Research for a program to train diplomats and other senior governmental officials of U.N. member states on global economy and finance. Dr. Yoon believes that the primary purpose of university education is building the student’s character and developing professional competence in his/her chosen field. His educational philosophy is that every class is to some degree a class in ethics.
Courses at Seton Hall
- International Finance (BFIN 4233)
- International Finance (BFIN 7216)
- Business Finance (BFIN2201)
- Global Business (BINT 3001/CORE3810)
- Issues of globalization, financial crises, foreign exchange markets, trade protections, trade sanctions, antidumping, labor standards and trade agreements, financial regulation, corporate finance, and business ethics.
- Ph.D., joint doctoral program of Bryn Mawr College and University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Bryn Mawr College
- B.A., Seoul National University
- "Should Governments Tax the Rich and Subsidize the Poor? An Empirical Study of South Korean Opinion,” McGee, Robert and Yeomin Yoon, Journal of Accounting, Ethics, and Public Policy, January 2018, 1-20. 2.
- “The Ethics of Tax Evasion: A Comparative Study of Chinese and U.S. Opinions,” McGee, Robert W., Yoon, Yeomin, and Li, Ye. Indonesian Journal of International & Comparative Law, 161-186. 2015
- “Corporate Governance and the Timeliness of Financial Reporting: An Empirical Legal Study of Russian Banks,” McGee, Robert W., Yoon, Yeomin, and Tarangelo, Thomas, Richmond Journal of Global Law and Business, Issue 2 of Volume 11, February, 2012.
"Citizens ask why Gilded Age still casts a shadow." Financial Times, 10, November 2011.
"US should respect China’s free choice in currency policy." Financial Times, 10, October 2011.
"Corrupted by wealth, Chinese lose interest in liberal western way." Financial Times, 12, October 2010.
"Antidumping rules should be consigned to the history books." Financial Times, 8, July 2009.
"Labor Standards and Human Rights: A Look at Some Neglected Rights Issues." (Book Chapter) In "Business Ethics.", Hyderabad, India: The IcFai University Press, 100- 112, April 2009.
"Rethinking the Antidumping Laws and Policies with Reference to East Asian Trading Partners of the U.S." (Book Chapter) In "International Trade," Hyderabad, India: the IcFai University Press, 143- 151, January 2009.
- "Enhancing Efficiency of Government Budget and Fiscal Policy." (Book Chapter)
In "Taxation and Public Finance in Transition and Developing Economies," Springer, Chapter 4, 43- 58, August 2008.
"Policy failure was at the root of the Asian financial crisis." Financial Times, 10, July 2007.
"Arbitrage Strategy with N Currencies." International Journal of Finance, 18(3), 4105- 4126, February 2007.
- "Should Labor Standards Be A Part of Trade Talks?" (Book Chapter)
In Robert V. Weeks (Ed.), "Trends in International Trade Issues," Nova Science Publishers, Chapter 7, 119- 128, October 2006.
- Bright Idea Award, NJPRO, 2006
- Recipient of Outstanding Teaching Award, 1996
- “Top Ten” downloads on papers posted with the Social Science Research Network