Father Gadenz teaches New Testament courses such as Synoptic Gospels, Johannine Literature, Hebrews and Catholic Letters, Mary in Sacred Scripture, and New Testament Greek. In addition, he serves as a mentor on the Formation Faculty of Immaculate Conception Seminary. His research interests include narrative analysis of the Gospels, rhetoric in Paul’s Letters, and theological interpretation of Scripture. He is the author of a commentary on the Gospel of Luke for the Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture series. His published doctoral dissertation examines Paul's ecclesiology in Romans 9-11, taking into account the Old Testament background of these chapters. He has also authored various book chapters, articles, and book reviews. He is a member of the Catholic Biblical Association of America, the Society of Biblical Literature, and the Academy of Catholic Theology. Ordained in 1996, Father Gadenz is a priest of the Diocese of Trenton.
- S.T.D., Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
- S.S.L., Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome
- M.Div., M.A., St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- M.S., Columbia University, B.S.E., Princeton University
- "Hermeneutical Insights on the Gospels: Ratzinger's Jesus of Nazareth in Retrospect" Journal of Theological Interpretation 13 (2019): 76-93.
- The Gospel of Luke, Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2018). Polish Edition: Ewangelia według św. Łukasza trans. Grażyna Gomola and Aleksander Gomola, Katolicki Komentarz do Pisma Świętego (Poznań, Poland: W Drodze, 2020).
- “Getting Perspective on Recent Discussions of Paul”, Letter & Spirit 10 (2015): 11-34.
- “Overcoming the Hiatus between Exegesis and Theology: Guidance and Examples from Pope Benedict XVI”. In Verbum Domini and the Complementarity of Exegesis and Theology, ed. Scott M. Carl (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2015), 41-62.
- "Jesus the New Temple in the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI", Nova et Vetera 11.1 (2013): 211-230.
- “Resurrection and Restoration: How 1 Corinthians 15 Sheds Light on Romans 11”. In Non mi vergogno del Vangelo, potenza di Dio, ed. Francesco Bianchini and Stefano Romanello, Analecta Biblica 200 (Rome, Italy: Gregorian & Biblical Press, 2012), 117-134.
- Called from the Jews and from the Gentiles: Pauline Ecclesiology in Romans 9-11, Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2.267 (Tübingen, Germany: Mohr Siebeck, 2009).
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2010).
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2009).