As Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Professor in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology, my responsibilities include both academic teaching as well as clinical program/curriculum development, design and implementation, and community outreach. I teach coursework in clinical education, early intervention and diagnostic principles. Prior to my faculty appointment at Seton Hall University, I had extensive clinical training in a pediatric outpatient rehabilitation hospital in addition to school, early intervention and private-practice sectors.
My volunteer work includes serving as the Chair of the Media and Publications Committee for the New Jersey Speech and Hearing Association's (NJSHA) Convention Committee and as a member of the NJSHA State Board of Directors. Previously, I was the Annual Convention Chair, liaison to the Higher Education Committee and a member of the School Affairs Steering Committee for NJSHA, as well as an academic adviser for Seton Hall University's chapter of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
My mission is to foster outstanding academic and clinical excellence in the graduate speech-language pathology program. I am also a proud alumna of Seton Hall University.
- M.S., Seton Hall University, 2001
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- Level One Speech Language Pathology Fieldwork Experience: Pilot Graduate Student Multidisciplinary Training Module
ASHA Convention Poster Presentation, November 2013
- "Diving In"
Advance Magazine, June 2013
- "Waiting for Words: Understanding the most common language delays and disorders"
New Jersey Family Magazine. Volume 23, Issue 3, March 2013
- Tips for Successful Supervision: Ask the Experts,
NJSHA Academic Clinical Supervisor Workshop, June 2012
- Relative timing of oral and laryngeal movements in Individuals who stutter (Book Chapter)
In "Proceedings of the Third World Congress in Fluency Disorders," Nijmegen: University Press Nijmegen, March 2001
Awarded a personnel grant through the American Speech-Language Hearing Association to enhance the New Jersey Speech-Language-Hearing Association's website and social media communications (March 2013; re-design completed in November 2013, www.njsha.org)
Honors and Awards:
- Inducted into the Golden Key International Honour Society - November 2013
- Inducted into the Alpha Eta Honor Society - May 2013
- Inducted into the Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society - Fall 2012
- Recipient of the NJSHA Volunteer of the Year Award - 2009
- Received six ACE Awards from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association for participation in continuing education activities
- Awarded second place for presentation of fluency research at the School of Health and Medical Sciences' Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium - 2001