Seton Hall University
A student listening in class with her hand on her chin.

Financial Aid for Graduate Students

  • Graduate Students: Students should apply for financial aid by following the same procedures as undergraduate students.
  • Generally, graduate students that are at least half-time status may be eligible for Federal Stafford and Perkins Loans, and some scholarships.
  • Graduate students are not eligible to receive grants, such as Federal Pell, Federal SEOG, New Jersey TAG, SHU Need, Seton Hall Grant, and/or any other undergraduate merit based scholarship program, such as but not limited to, University Scholarship, Regents, Chancellors, and Provost Scholarship.

Assistantships & Fellowships

  • Students may receive graduate assistantships from the students' college or department, or agencies and organizations outside SHU.
  • Graduate students receiving assistantships and/or fellowships can only be applied to applicable tuition and fee charges based on hours of enrollment and funding available.
  • Graduate students receiving these funds are not entitled to any refunds and/or credits that are not applied to any charges the student did not incur as a result of a higher award amount.
  • Please review your college Web site for those awards specifically for graduate students. Also, ask your graduate program coordinator if there are other opportunities for which you may be eligible.

For information on how to receive assistantships, waivers, departmental payments, and teaching assistantships, please contact the department of your graduate degree.

Effective Date

January 1, 2009