DOVE Food Drive
Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
"Wherever people are suffering, wherever they are humiliated by poverty or injustice, and wherever a mockery is made of their rights, make it your task to serve them." St. John Paul II
In the United States alone, 40 million Americans are food insecure and 1 in 6 children face hunger each day. As COVID 19 continues to adversely affect our economy this number is expected to rise significantly.
DOVE is asking our Seton Hall community to consider responding to the very real threat of hunger faced by so many in our community. Each week throughout our Hunger and Homelessness Awareness efforts, we will distribute your donations directly to the organizations served by DOVE.
In addition, this drive will benefit anyone our own Seton Hall community who is experiencing food insecurity.
Please submit your donations by Tuesday, November 24, to the DOVE Office in Boland Hall.
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, etc.)
- Canned green vegetables
- Canned fruits
- Canned and boxed meals (soup, macaroni and cheese, etc.)
- Peanut butter and other nut butters
- Canned or dried beans and peas (black, pinto, lentils, etc.)
- Pasta, rice, oatmeal and cereal
- 100% fruit juice (canned, plastic, or boxed)
- Cooking oil
- Shelf-stable milk
- Other healthy, low-fat, low-sodium, low-sugar products
Make an Impact
- Your $5 donation will purchase five canned items
- Your $10 donation will purchase three boxes of cereal
- Your $25 donation will purchase one day’s worth of food for a family
- Your $40 donation will purchase a large can of formula for a baby
- Your $100 donation will purchase a week’s worth of groceries for a family