Professor Rondinella has taught at Seton Hall since 1985 and is a film and video producer with his own company, Catfish Studios. He has produced five feature films (Unholy, Charming Billy, Morris County, Scrappers and A Good Day For It), directed three features (Blades, A Girls’ Guide… and Scrappers) written three produced screenplays and edited fifteen feature films.
In addition, Professor Rondinella produces and directs corporate videos. Some past clients include NJ Chamber of Commerce, American Values Institute, WNET/WNYC-NY, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Catholic Charities, The Salesian Brothers, The World Addiction Foundation, and many more. He produced and directed the web cooking show, Cooking with Nonna and the public access show, NJ Today with John McKeon. Presently, he is co-producing and co-directing the documentary, “American Mayday”. He is also developing the feature films, “The Cellar” and “The Virtuoso” which he will produce. He is also the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Students and Academic Affairs for the College of Communication and the Arts.
- M.F.A., Film Production New York University, 1984
- B.A., History Seton Hall University, 1981
- Producer Sankofa: The Untold Story of Harry Herbert Pace" Pace Productions, feature documentary, 2014 .
- Producer- "Good Day For It" starring Hal Holbrook, Robert Patrick, Robert Englund, Lance Henriksen and Kathy Baker. Nazz Films, 2010. International Sales: Curb Entertainment. Festivals: Philadelphia Cinefest 2011, Nashville Film Festival 2011, Sonoma Film Festival 2011- WINNER, Audience Award, Best Feature; Newport Beach Film Festival 2011; Invited- Long Island International Film Festival, 2011. Theatrical release: Naedomi Media, July 2011. Netflix release: October 2011
- Scrappers: How the Heartland Won World War II
(feature documentary), May 2010
Teacher of the Year – College of Communication and the Arts, Seton Hall University, 2015-16.
- Dark Corner - nominated for five awards at the October 2012 Downbeach Film Festival (Best Comedy Short, Best Director, Best Writer, Best Actor, Best Actress) Winner- Best Director, Best Actress
- Morris County - "Best of Fest - Honorable Mention" - Boston Underground Film Festival, March 2009.
- A Relaxing Day - Best Produced Film - 4th Annual Memfest Film Festival, October 2007.
- Recipient - Archdiocesan Sesquicentennial Cathedral Golden Jubilee Medal. awarded for outstanding commitment to the Archdiocese, 2004.
- Recipient - "Prime Award for Excellence and Support in Movies and Television" - New Jersey Moviemakers, December 2003.
- Charming Billy - Best Dramatic Feature - Route 66 Film Festival - 2002; Voted Best Feature, Boston Film Festival - 2000; First Runner-up Best Feature, Northampton Film Festival - 2000; Winner-Best Actor, 13th AFI-L.A. Intl. Film Festival - 1999.
- Mention of Honor - Blades, Sport for All Section, Sports Movies TV 2001 - 19th International Festival, Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs, 2001.
- Barriers - Shirley Clarke Artistic Achievement Award, 1998 Huntington International Independent Film Festival.
- Recipient of a Faculty Excellence award from the Board of Regents, 1997.