Currently the professor in the Department of Management at the Stillman School of Business, Boroff was the dean of the School from 2000 to 2010. During that period, the School tremendously advanced the quality of its academic programs, earning many external affirmations of that excellence. Boroff's teaching expertise is in management, human resources, labor relations and negotiations. She enjoys presenting and publishing her applied and pedagogical research on management, industrial relations and human resources.
- Ph.D., Business, Columbia University
- MBA, Human Resources, Lehigh University
- BS, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
- "A Better Way to Develop Officers."
Armed Forces Journal, 17- 19+, May 2011
- "Triangle Waist Company Fire—Lessons and Legacy.", The Bergen Record and Canada’s Safest Employers Daily, March 2011
- "What Legislative History Can Teach Us about Obamacare.", NewJerseyNewsroom.com, October 2010
- "Gulf Oil Spill Exposes Our Loss of American Ingenuity.", NewJerseyNewsroom.com, July 2010
- "How As Americans Can We Be Free with U.S. Trillions in Debt.", Star-Ledger online editorial and also appeared in NewJerseyNewsroom.com, May 2010
- Boroff, K.E., Lemler, R.P, and Boroff, A. (forthcoming). “A Change for Drill Sergeants?,” Case Research Journal, Vol. 37, Issue 3. (Refereed)
- Boroff, K.E., and Pratt, M. 2017. “Managing Conflict,” chapter in textbook of PL 300 Military Leadership, a required course for all 4000 cadets at the United States Military Academy, Rowan Technology. (Editorial refereed)
- Boroff, Karen E., Spencer, John (MAJ), Via, John (COL). 2016. “Going Off-Duty doesn’t protect Online Behavior,” Army Magazine, August, pp. 24-5. (Editorial refereed)
- Boroff, Karen E., Ballantyne, Robert, and Morris, Nanci. 2015. “The Association of Actuaries and Insurance Professionals.” The Case Center. (Reference No. 415-115-8)
- Boroff, Karen E. and Lordi, Samantha. (2014). “Starbright Jewelers,” Case Research Journal, Vol. 34, Issue 4 (Fall), pp. 111-17. (Refereed)
- Boroff, Karen E. (2014) “Maria Gonzalez,” Case Research Journal, Vol. 34, Issue 1 (Winter), pp. 125-137. (Refereed) (2015 Tate Award Runner-Up of the CRJ)
- Boroff, Karen E. and Riley, Elven. (2012). “Experiential Learning Laboratories In Business Schools: The WD-40® For Curriculum Innovation,” American Journal of Business Education – September/October, pp. 589-595. (Refereed)
- Boroff, Karen E. and Boroff, Alexander. 2016. “The Army’s New Evaluation Reporting System for Noncommissioned Officers,” North American Case Research Association Annual Meeting, October 6-8, Las Vegas, NV. (Refereed)
- Boroff, Karen E. and Pratt, Matthew. 2016. “The Incident in Kabul,” North American Case Research Association Annual Meeting, October 6-8, 2016, Las Vegas, NV. (Refereed) Recipient of the Gold Award for the Best Case at the Conference.
- Boroff, Karen E. and Cosgrove, Jennifer. 2014. “Chaplain-Officer: The Unpublished Diary of a WWI Vet,” United States Military Academy World War I Conference—“Literature, Memory, and the First World War,” September 11-14 (refereed but no abstracts were published for the conference).
- Faculty Teacher of the Year, 2014
- Department of the Army Commander's Award for Public Service (2011)
- Seton Hall University Woman of the Year (2008)
- Seton Hall University Experiential Educator Award (2006)
- Seton Hall University Outstanding Teacher Award (1996)
- Board Member, New York Society of Security Analysts (2008-present)
- Board Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (2005-2011)
- President Middle Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration (2006-2008)