Campus I.D. Office
The Campus ID Office is using Online Photo submission.
- After you pay your acceptance deposit, look out for an email invite (SHU email) from "SHU Campus ID Office [email protected]" to submit a photo/headshot.
- In addition you will be required to also upload a photo of your government issued ID to verify identity.
- Your driver's license, or passport is an example of a government ID.
- Please note: This photo is different than a social media portrait. Think driver's license, not Instagram, for your ID card.
- Students that have uploaded and submitted their photos before June 6, 2023 will get their ID cards at New Student Orientation. Please note the Campus ID Office is observing summer hours. If you have not uploaded a photo, please do so as soon as possible.
- Should be cropped slightly above head to middle of chest; leave some space above your head
- Should be taken against a plain, white, smooth, non-textured background, with no ridges, indentations, shapes, or other designs
- Must be a color photo
- Must not include sunglasses or head coverings (e.g. hats)
- Must be positioned directly facing the camera
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Must be a recent photo taken within the last 2 weeks
- Supporting document must be a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
The Campus ID Office, in conjunction with other authorized Departments, is responsible for creating, issuing and maintaining the Seton Hall University Pirate Campus Card (SHUCARD).
The Pirate Campus Card is the official ID card of the University, and it is used by all Seton Hall University students, faculty and employees. Upon approval, the card may also be issued to visiting Students, Scholars or Fellows, as well as authorized Contractors, Vendors, Volunteers and Consultants.
The Pirate Campus Card is used for electronic access, e-commerce and in the Walsh Library. Electronic access into Residence Halls and Buildings, equipped with card access readers, is determined by the cardholder's status and /or by authorization from designated Departmental administrators who are responsible for individual buildings and privilege assignments.
The Pirate Campus Card also functions as a debit card for purchases made on campus and with our off campus commercial partners. For specific information about e-commerce uses such as Student Board Plans, Recreation Center, Vending and Laundry, Library, Bookstore and Pirate's Gold, please click on the appropriate link. Cardholders may also use the Pirate Campus Card at the Walsh Library to pay fines, make copies, reserve books and reserve group study rooms.
Campus ID office issues student, faculty and employee, vendor, visitor and temporary identification cards with no initial fee for the ID card, however the cost to replace it is $35. Temporary cards which are valid for seven days may be purchased for a user fee of $20 at Campus ID office or during off-hours at the Department of Public Safety and Security Office. Temporary ID cards must be returned to Campus ID office within seven business days. Failure to do so will result in a $25 fine. All students and employees are required to show another form of photo identification in order to purchase a replacement or temporary ID.
Off Campus Merchants That Accept Pirate's Gold
Blue Ocean Chinese Restaurant
Tito's Burritos and Wings
Village Sub Shop