Behavioral Intervention Team
Welcome to the Behavioral Intervention Team site! This website will provide you with information regarding the members of the BIT team, as well as some resources to assist you with any concerns you may have for a student.
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is an interdepartmental working group that receives and responds to concerns about individual students. The team also responds to any alerts that a student may be a disruption or threat to the campus community. Additionally, team members provide awareness and educational information to the campus community responding to troubled students.
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) exists to support students and the wider University community . The Team receives, collects, assesses, and when appropriate, acts upon information regarding students of concern.
Any member of the University community may refer concern for or with a student’s behavior to the Team. The Team will develop an action plan based upon information available. The action plan may range from maintaining a confidential file to intervening with the student and conducting a formal threat assessment. The majority of plans connect a student with resources and assistance to address the concerning behavior and to be successful in the continuation of his/her college career. The plan may change and evolve as additional information becomes available.
If you feel that you know any student that many need to be referred to the BIT team, please do not hesitate to reach out to any BIT member addressing your concerns. A referral can be made to any member of the Behavioral Intervention Team.
Who We Are:
South Orange Campus
- Karen Van Norman – Dean of Students (chair) – (973) 761-9076
- Winston Roberts – Student Life & Dean of Students Office – (973) 761-9076
- Dianne Aguero-Trotter – Counseling & Psychological Services – (973) 761-9500
- Michael Bradley – Public Safety and Security – (973) 275-2819
- Timothy Moran – Housing and Residence Life – (973) 275-2425
- Monica Burnette – Vice President's Office – (973) 761-9147
- Angie Millman – Disability Support Services – (973) 313-6365
Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus