Skip to Content
Seton Hall University Office of Admissions

Returning Students

Students who have left Seton Hall University less than one year ago and have not attended another institution during the absence do not need to reapply to the University. However, students will need to call the Office of Admissions at (973) 761-6146 to reactivate their files.

Students who have left Seton Hall more than one year ago must complete a new application for admission. If you have not attended any other institutions during your absence from SHU, please submit a returning student application along with a $65 application fee (non-refundable). If you have attended any other institutions during your absence, please submit a transfer student application and provide post-secondary transcripts from those other institutions. A copy of transcripts from Seton Hall University is not necessary. 

Students academically dismissed, on probation or that have below a 2.5 GPA will need a letter of permission to return to the University from the dean in the respective academic area. Letters should be sent directly from the Academic Dean to the Office of Admissions, Seton Hall University. 

Please note that second degree nursing students, both on campus and accelerated (Georgian Court), who have left their programs are not eligible to reapply as returning students. Second degree nursing students should reapply by submitting a new second degree student application.

Open House

Students walking on campus.
Register Now
Join us virtually. Tour campus, learn about our academic programs, and meet current students and faculty.

Transfer Decision Weeks

UG Admission
Register Now
Interested in transferring? Receive a decision during your virtual appointment.

Apply Online

Francesca Regalado
Apply Now
Get a jump start on your Seton Hall University career and apply online.