Pastoral Formation at Saint Andrew's Hall
Saint Andrew's College Seminary offers its seminarians the opportunity to participate in a variety of apostolates. Their weekly apostolic activities provide them with the experience of serving God and his Church in imitation of Christ, the Good Shepherd. The college seminarians experience ministry and discipleship in various settings such as religious education programs, RCIA ministry, youth groups, nursing homes and hospitals, soup kitchens, Respect Life programs, and general parish ministry. In addition, seminarians have the opportunity to be involved in their home parishes on most weekends and during the Christmas and Easter seasons.
Presently the seminarians have involved in the following apostolates:
- Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Parish in Roseland
- Saint Philomena Parish in Livingston
- Saint Patrick Pro-Cathedral Parish in Newark
- Saint Augustine's Soup Kitchen, Missionaries of Charity, in Newark
- Saint John's Soup Kitchen in Newark
- Saint Joseph's Home for the Elderly, Little Sisters of the Poor in Totowa
- Villa Walsh Infirmary for Aged Religious, Religious Sister Filippini, Morristown
- US Veterans' Administration Hospital, East Orange
The experience of apostolic work at Saint Andrew's Seminary leads its seminarians to a personal encounter with Christ who always calls men to serve and to give themselves for the sake of God's kingdom on earth.