Dr. Shokoohyar is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computing and Decision Sciences at Stillman School of Business, Seton Hall University. Before Joining Seton Hall University, he served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Decision and System Sciences at Erivan K. Haub School of Business, Saint Joseph’s University. He earned his doctoral degree in operations management from the Jindal school of management at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) in 2018.
His research focuses on developing decision analytic tools that can be implemented in ride-sourcing platforms (e.g., Uber, Lyft, …), the tourism industry, new product development projects, and supplier evaluation systems. His research papers have been presented at conferences such as the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORM), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (MSOM), Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), and annual behavioral operations conference. His works are published in well-reputed academic journals such as the International Journal of Logistics Management, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, and Research in Transportation Economics. He additionally serves as Associate Editor for the Management Science and Decision Science track of the International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR).
- Ph.D. in Operations Management, Naveen Jindal School of Management, The University of Texas at Dallas
- M.S. with thesis in Industrial Engineering, Graduate School of Management and Economics, Sharif University of Technology
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
Teaching Experience (FACE-TO-FACE, online, hybrid, Hyflex, Undergraduate, Graduate)
Seton Hall University, Stillman School of Business, South Orange, NJ, 2022 – present
- Predictive Analytics (Graduate)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (Undergraduate)
- Deep Learning for Business (Graduate)
- Saint Joseph's University, Erivan K. Haub School of Business, Philadelphia, PA, 2018-2022
- Machine Learning Methods and Business Applications (Graduate, Independent Study)
- Python Programming (Graduate, Undergraduate)
- Business Analytics (Graduate, Undergraduate)
- Supply Chain Analytics (Undergraduate)
- Decision Analytics and Game Theory (Graduate, Special Topics)
- Process Simulation & Analysis (Graduate)
- Foundations of Supply Chain Management (Undergraduate)
- The University of Texas at Dallas, Naveen Jindal School of Management, Dallas, TX, 2017-2018
- Managerial Methods in Decision Making Under Uncertainty, Business Statistics (Undergraduate)
- Operations Management (Undergraduate)
Referred Journal Publications
- Mirzaei, S., Shokouhyar, S. and Shokoohyar, S. (2022), "Exploring trade-offs between basic and advanced sustainable supply chain practices among consumer electronics: a social media analytics approach", The International Journal of Logistics Management
- Shokoohyar, S., & Katok, E. (2022) Incentivizing Suppliers Using Scorecard: A Behavioral Study. Journal of Operation Research Society.
- Shokoohyar, S., Jafari Gorizi, A., Ghomi, V., Liang, W., Kim, H. (2022) Sustainable Transportation in Practice: A Systematic Quantitative Review of Case Studies. Sustainability
- Ghomi, V., Gligor, D., Parast, M., Shokoohyar, S., & Esfahani, MG. (2021) Antecedents and Consequences of Customer flexibility: Establishing the Link to Firm Competitive Advantage. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 56.
- Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Ramezanpour Nargesi, S. R. (2020). On the Determinants of Uber Accessibility and Its Spatial Distribution: Evidence from Uber in Philadelphia. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Sobhani, A. (2020). Determinants of rental strategy: short-term vs. long-term rental strategy. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 13(12), 3873–3894.
- Shokouhyar, S., Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., Jafari Gorizi, A. (2021) Shared Mobility in Post-COVID Era: New Challenges and Opportunities. Sustainable Cities and Society
- Shokouhyar, S., Shokoohyar, S., & Safari, S. (2020). Research on the influence of after-sales service quality factors on customer satisfaction. Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Sobhani, A. (2020). Impacts of trip characteristics and weather condition on ride-sourcing network: evidence from Uber and Lyft. Research in Transportation Economics, 80.
- Shokoohyar, S., Shokouhyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Naseri, S. (2021) Improving internet service providers competitiveness: ISP's perception regarding customer satisfaction. International Journal of Business and Systems Research 15 (3), 292-316
- Shokoohyar, S., & Amiri, J. (2021). Developing a Multi-Mode Doubly Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling Problem with Meta-Heuristic Approaches. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management 13 (1), 31-59
- Shokoohyar, S., Berenji, HR., & Dang, J. (2021) Exploring the heated debate over reopening for economy or continuing lockdown for public health safety concerns about COVID-19 in Twitter. International Journal of Business and Systems Research 15 (5), 650-672
- Sobhani, A., Shokoohyar, S., & Sobhani, A. (2021). Investigating the Effects of Information Technology Investment on the Performance of Telecommunication Companies. International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences.
- Shokouhyar, S., Shokoohyar, S., Raja, N., & Gupta, V. (2021). Promoting Fashion Customer Relationship Management Dimensions Based on Customer Tendency to Outfit Matching: Mining Customer Orientation and Buying Behavior. International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences 14 (1), 1-23
- Shokouhyar, S., Zarrin, S., & Shokoohyar, S. (2020). Analyzing the impact of I.T. governance on the performance of project-based organizations. International Journal of Business and Systems Research,14(4).
- Ramezanpour Nargesi, S. R., Shokoohyar, S., & Mattingly, S. (2019). Modeling merging and discretionary lane changing behaviors, a signaling game analysis. Advances in Transportation Studies, 3 (Special Issue).
- Shokoohyar, S. (2019). Determinants of Backpackers’ Perceptions of Security? A WOM-based Approach. E-Review of Tourism Research, 16(4), 249–270
- Shokoohyar, S. Sobhani, A., Malhotra, R., & Liang, W. (2020). Travel Time Prediction in Ride-Sourcing Networks: A Case Study for Machine Learning Applications. Journal of Business Cases and Applications, 26, 1–20.
- Shokoohyar, S. (2018). Ride-sharing platforms from drivers’ perspective: Evidence from Uber and Lyft drivers. International Journal of Data and Network Science, 2(4), 89–98.
- SeyedRazi, N., Shokoohyar, S., Ghomi, V. (Forthcoming) Motivational learning in the progression of colorful animated graphics. International Journal of Innovation and Learning
- Ghomi, V., Ghazi Nezami, F., Shokoohyar, S., Esfahani, MG. (Forthcoming). An Optimization Model to Increase the Cross-Dockings Operational Utilization. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management.
- Asrzad, A., Shokoohyar, S. (Forthcoming). Resource Renting Problem with Discounted Cash Flows: A Genetic Algorithm Solution. International Journal of Business and Systems Research
- Shokoohyar, S., Shokouhyar, S., Ghomi, V., Jafari Gorizi, A. (Forthcoming). Deconstruction of Sustainable Development Discourses; Avoiding Skepticism Pitfalls with a Postmodern Perspective. World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development
- Shokouhyar, S., Shokoohyar, S., & Sahra, H. (Forthcoming). Explicating the Effects of Big Data Analytics Capabilities on Supply Chain Resilience Dimensions: Dynamic Capabilities Approach and Complex Adaptive System Perspective. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management.
- Souza, JL., Shokoohyar, S. (2021). Expanding Data Analysis In Accounting: Variation In Critical Audit Matter Mandated Reporting. Eastern Decision Sciences Institute.
- Asrzad, S., Shokoohyar, S. (2021). Resource Renting Problem with Discounted Cash Flows: A Genetic Algorithm Solution. Eastern Decision Sciences Institute.
- Shokoohyar, S., Gupta, V., & Mendoza, R. (2020). Investigating the Impact of Ride-Sourcing Platforms on the Restaurant Industry. National Business and Economics Society Meeting.
- Ramezanpour Nargesi, S., Shokoohyar, S., Mattingly, S., & Ramezanpour Nargesi, S. (2020). Game Theoretical Modeling of Drivers' Merging and Discretionary Lane-Changing Behaviors. Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Ramezanpour Nargesi, S. (2020). Exploring Discrimination in the Ride-Sourcing Platforms: A Case Study of Uber. Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Shokoohyar, S., Sobhani, A., & Sobhani, A. (2020). Analyzing the Impact of Fare Adaptation Policies on Transportation Network Companies. Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Sobhani, A., Shokoohyar, S., & Sobhani, A. (2020). Application of Machine Learning Algorithms in Safety Transportation Engineering. Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Sobhani, A., Shokoohyar, S., & Sobhani, A. (2020). Scheduling Clinical Staffs in Nursing Units Using Ergonomics Considerations. Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Shokoohyar, S. (2020). Is Uber Equally Accessible Everywhere? Advanced Science News
- Shokoohyar, S. (2019). Data for a Better World. Saint Joseph's University Magazine
Associations, Awards and Honors
- SJU research publications award, 2021
- Nominated for the SJU Faculty Merit Research Award, 2021
- Western Decision Sciences Institute faculty award, 2022
- Michael J. Morris Grant for Scholarly Research, 2020
- Teaching Innovation Grants, 2020
- COVID-19: Back to Campus, CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative), 2020
- Faculty Development Grants, 2019
- Nominated for the Outstanding Student Teacher Award of the year 2016 – 2017. $1,000 award to recognize teaching excellence by a doctoral student in the Jindal School of Management (only one award given per academic year).
- POMS Doctoral Consortium, POMS Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, 2016
- CIBER Doctoral Consortium on International Operations, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, 2015
- Doctoral Consortium Grants ($2000), The University of Texas at Dallas, 2013-2017
- Ph.D. Small Grants ($3000), The University of Texas at Dallas, 2013-2017
- Graduate Scholarship, the University of Texas at Dallas, 2013-2017
- Academic Excellence, Graduate School of Management and Economics, Sharif University of Technology, 2013
- Ranked 196th among more than 500,000 students in the nationwide university entrance examination for degree B.S. 2006
- Destination: Remote Instruction Course Completion Certificate, 2020
- SAP ERP simulation instructor training certificate, Huntsville, TX, 2019
- Graduate Teaching Certificate, the University of Texas at Dallas, 2017
- Editorial Board member of the International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR)
- Track Chair (Big Data, Analytics, and Knowledge Management) at NEDSI 2021
- MSOM Conference 2018 Organizing Committee member– Academic
- Member of Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research (IRB)
- Reviewer for Journal of Big Data, POMS, MSOM, Omega, Energy Policy, IJCHM, IJBSR, Mathematics, NEDSI, WDSI
- Member of INFORMS, POMS, and MSOM Society
- Member of HSB College Council, SJU
- Member of FPP Committee, SJU
- Graduate and undergraduate students advising since 2018