My area of expertise is in maternal newborn nursing. I have published and presented my research nationally and internationally in the area of adolescent mothers and undergraduate male nursing students BSN education. I am a charter member of the Gamma Nu chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, the International Honor Society of Nursing, where I have held various offices, including past president of the Gamma Nu chapter. I am a Virginia Henderson Fellow of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing and support nursing research in the academy. I am a member of the Praxis Progam in Servant Leadership and Catholic Studies and serve as a peer leader of the first cohort. I have presented my research at the University of Trieste, in Trieste, Italy on application of the General Empirical Method of Bernard Lonergan in teaching undergraduate nursing students care of the Orthodox Jewish Family during Childbirth.
- Ph.D. in Nursing Research, Theories, and Philosophy, New York University College of Nursing
- M.S.N. in Nursing Education, Seton Hall University College of Nursing
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University College of Nursing
- "How Adolescent Mothers Feel About Becoming a Parent". The Journal of Perinatal Education, 19(2), 25- 34, January 2010
Special Populations in Disasters: The Child and Pregnant Woman (Book Chapter)
Disaster Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, 51- 83, October 2008
- "Self-Perceptions of Parenting Among Adolescent Mothers". The Journal of Perinatal Education, 16(1), 16-23., December 2007
- DeVito, J. (2016). The Influence of Saint Paul on Christianity. Center of Catholic Studies, Seton Hall University, “Meeting Paul of Tarsus Teacher of Nations." Center of Catholic Studies, Seton Hall University eRepository.
- DeVito, J. (2016). The Experience of Male Nursing Students in BSN Programs. Nursing Forum, 51(4).
- DeVito, J. (2015). Policies and Procedures for Hospitals, Birth Centers, and Home Birth Book Review for Hotelling and Gordon’s How to Become Mother Friendly. Pediatric Journal, 45(2).
- URC Grant for Research Seton Hall University, 2007.
- Cambridge Who's Who Registry of Executives and Professionals, 2005-Present.
- Pauline Greenidge Research Scholarship, New York University College of Nursing, 2003.
- Professional Promise Award in Nursing, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, Nursing Alumni, 1978.
- Charter Member, Gamma Nu Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, 1978.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
- Virginia Henderson Fellow
- Bernard Lonergan Fellow Generalized Empirical Method Seton Hall University
- Finalist in the March of Dime Nurse Educator of the Year
- Manchester Who’s Who Registry of Executives and Professionals
- Pauline Greenidge Research Scholarship
- Professional Promise Award in Nursing