Friday, June 9, 2017
6 p.m. - Cocktails • 7 p.m. - Dinner and Program
The Many Are One alumni awards gala is Seton Hall's premier annual black-tie event. The gala provides an opportunity to celebrate the ways in which the University's alumni have positively influenced our world. This year the gala will also celebrate a significant milestone for Seton Hall - a network of 100,000 alumni. Proceeds raised from the gala support four-year scholarships for children, grandchildren and siblings of alumni who attend Seton Hall; each selected student receives over $20,000 in scholarship funds.
This year the gala will take place on
Friday, June 9, 2017, at the Hanover Marriott in Whippany, NJ. The cocktail reception will begin at 6 p.m. The dinner and program starts at 7 p.m. Rooms are $139 a night and have to be booked by May 19, 2017.
Book Your Room »
Many Are One 2017 Honorees
Most Distinguished Alumna
Bonnie A. Evans, M.H.A. '02
Humanitarian of the Year
Arti Dhaon Kakkar, M.A. '04/Ed.S. '05
Alumni Impact Award
Joseph Kacirek, M.A. '81
Young Alumni Impact Award
Mark García '07
Service Award Recipients
- College of Arts and Sciences - The Honorable Caridad F. Rigo '73/J.D. '77
- College of Education and Human Services -Bette Simmons, Ed.D. '97
- School of Health and Medical Sciences - Captain Joanna Borawski, USAF, D.P.T. '10
- Stillman School of Business - James Malgieri '82
- Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology - Michael St. Pierre, M.A.T. '03/M.A.E. '09
- School of Diplomacy and International Relations - Lydiette Diaz, M.A. '11
- School of Law - Remi L. Spencer, J.D. '02
- College of Nursing - Kathe M. Conlon '87
- College of Communication and the Arts - Glenn G. Schuck '85
About the Awards
Seton Hall University is like a mid-size city - with over 100,000 alumni, 10,000 students and 1,500 employees. However, over 160 years after its founding, it remains true to its mission; it is a welcoming community, rooted in faith, and is steadfast in the pursuit of academic excellence.
Tied together by a common bond, Many Are One is the only event at which all of Seton Hall comes together as one to celebrate Seton Hall. Through it, alumni, faculty, administrators, students and friends gather to share the special link that unites them all - their devotion to Seton Hall.
Each year, members of the University community are selected for special recognition. These honorees are chosen because of their dedication to improving Seton Hall and their communities.
- The Most Distinguished Alumnus Award is the most prestigious alumni award given by the University. This award is presented to an individual who has been recognized as an outstanding leader in his or her professional field.
- The Humanitarian Award is presented to an alumnus or alumna who embodies Seton Hall's mission of servant leadership by making a significant positive impact on his or her community.
- The Alumni Impact Award is presented to an alumnus or alumna whose extraordinary contributions of time, talent or treasure have greatly advanced the mission of Seton Hall University.
- The Young Alumni Impact Award is presented to an alumnus or alumna of the last 10 years who has made a significant positive impact on his or her community or profession.
Can't attend but would still like to make a contribution? Consider making a donation to the Alumni Scholarship.
For more information, contact Carol Ann Koert at (973) 378-9849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.