The Joseph & Carmen Ana Unanue MPA Student Scholarship
Through a special gift, the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute at Seton Hall University is able to provide a graduate student scholarship to eligible and selected MPA students who show an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or civic life. This award is available to incoming or currently enrolled graduate Seton Hall students for the Fall semester. Students may only receive the award once in an academic year but may apply annually.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1ST FOR FALL SEMESTER
To qualify for consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Incoming or currently enrolled in the Master of Public Administration Program at Seton Hall University.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA at Seton Hall University.
Write a two-page double-spaced essay demonstrating your appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or civic life. Be sure to reference the Latino Institute events you have attended. Please attach essay to the application form.
The Joseph and Carmen Ana MPA Student Scholarship award will be given to selected students based on academic performance, involvement in the Seton Hall community, and financial need. Award notifications will be sent to all applications 4-6 weeks after application deadlines. Awarded funds will be credited directly to the student’s Bursar account.
- Award amount is variable
- Award renewal is available, not guaranteed, and contingent upon students maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA and active involvement in the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute.
- The award is contingent on mandatory attendance of two (2) Latino Institute events per semester.