Éxito Leadership Club
The Éxito Leadership Club is a leadership development program established by the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute at Seton Hall University. The educational goals of this program are to mentor, guide and develop participants to become professional and community leaders;provide participants with practical advice on how to approach academic and career objectives;inspire students to become business and community leaders;and instill the importance of community service among participants. This exclusive society will be composed of no more than 10 students per academic year, who will have the privilege to participate in the following selective initiatives:
- Career mentoring : members of ELC will be mentored by highly qualified Latino leaders during their junior and senior years. Mentees and their mentors will meet individually on a monthly basis, as well as part of a group twice a year.
- Leadership dinners : ELC members will have private dinner with inspiring Latino leaders two times every semester. They will have the opportunity to engage in insightful conversations, ask for advice, and share their own stories.
- Volunteering : In partnership with the science department the Éxito Leadership Club members will assist Seton Hall professors teach STEM related courses to the students of North Star high school located in Newark. The ten members of the Éxito Leadership Club will meet with the North Star students every Friday at Seton Hall for a semester long commitment.
- Exclusive VIP access : every time the Latino Institute brings prominent speakers to campus, ELC members will have the chance to meet them in private. ELC members will also be the first ones considered to participate in different exclusive activities, such as attending the Institute's annual fundraising gala or visiting El Museo Del Barrio in NYC and the Brooklyn Museum among many other events.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of the Latino culture.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at Seton Hall University.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA at Seton Hall University
- Must actively participate in the activities of the Institute.
Given the exclusive nature of the Éxito Leadership Club, students who will be chosen through a selective process and asked to sign a commitment agreement. In addition, their participation in every activity and the overall Club will be reviewed at the end of every academic year in order to establish whether the student will be invited to continue in the Club the following year.
If you wish to join the new Éxito Leadership Club, please send the following to the Institute's Executive Director, Stephanie Macias-Arlington:
- Contact information: First name, last name, student ID number, e-mail, phone number.
- Academic information: Major, minor, cumulative GPA, and anticipated date of graduation.
- Statement of interest: Tell us why you want to join the Éxito Leadership Club and what you wish to accomplish by participating in every activity (350 words).
If you have any questions about the Éxito Leadership Club, please contact Stephanie Macias-Arlington, Executive Director of the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute: Maciasst@shu.edu