Laptop Selection Process
Welcome to Seton Hall University!
As a full-time undergraduate student at Seton Hall, you will be participating in the Mobile Computing Program. All participants will be issued a laptop before the start of Fall semester.
In order to receive your laptop, you will need to complete the following forms. To review the status of your forms, navigate to the New Student Orientation Portal via PirateNet. Note, you will not be eligible to select your laptop until you have submitted all required forms.
- Laptop Return Policy -Seton Hall University distributes laptops before the start of Fall semester. This document outlines the return policy of the laptop provided, should you decide not to attend Seton Hall in the Fall.
- Laptop Terms & Conditions – These are the terms and conditions of laptop use that all students must read and understand.
- Technology Usage Policy – This form outlines the responsibilities of a user of Seton Hall University technology assets.
- Laptop Permission Form for Minor Students – If you are under 18 years of age at the time of laptop selection, you need to have a parent or guardian sign this form.
Please contact the Asset Management Office at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- What if I missed the deadline for laptop selection?
- If I selected to have my laptop shipped to Seton Hall. How early can I pick it up?
- If I have chosen for my laptop to be shipped to my home address, how long will it take for my laptop to ship?
- What if I don’t receive the tracking information for my laptop?
- What if my tracking says delivered but I did not receive my laptop?
- Do I have to sign for my laptop or can anyone in my household sign?
- What if I missed the delivery?
- What if my laptop is damaged upon arrival?
- What if I have received my laptop and decide not to attend Seton Hall anymore?
- What if I want to change the model of my selected laptop?
- What if I received the wrong laptop model?
- What if I decide I no longer want the laptop?
- Will the laptop come with any accessories, such as a charger or carrying case?
- Are there any pre-installed software programs or applications on the laptop? Can I request specific software to be installed?
- Can I personalize the laptop by adding my own software, wallpapers, or settings?
- Will there be any user manuals or guides included to help me get started with the laptop?
- If I have ADA needs, who can assist me with setting up my laptop?
- What if the laptop is not working and I’m experiencing setup or software issues?
- What should I do if I encounter technical issues or need assistance with the laptop?
- Is there a warranty or support system in place for hardware repairs or replacements?