Éxito Leadership Internship Stipend
Award Amount: 500
Submission Deadline: May 27
Financial assistance is an integral part of the educational experience provided by the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute. By providing these stipends, students will be able to participate in internship programs that support their academic and career goals without the limitation of meeting travel expenses.
The Éxito Latino Institute. The educational goals of this program are to mentor, guide, and develop participants to become professional and community leaders.
- The Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute stipend fund is open to full-time undergraduate students with at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4 point scale.
- Students must be registered for an Internship course during the semester in which they apply.
- Students need to participate in the program by actively engaging with their mentors. They are also encouraged to prepare and promote events run by the Latino Institute, including the yearly fundraiser gala, usually held during the fall semester.
- Students initially are required to write a short essay 2-3 pages in length describing their professional goals and what they are currently doing to achieve that goal. (i.e., list your major, papers or publications you have written, clubs or organizations you are involved in, and if you are an intern or volunteer in your respective field, etc.)
- Students must write and send a monthly report of activities related to mentoring and a statement reflecting the use of funds and transportation receipts. In addition, the Unanue Institute must receive the report to [email protected] no later than the 26th of each month. Students must return unused funds to the Institute.
- Students must have attended two career development skills workshops at the Seton Hall University Career Center prior to the internship to apply for the internship stipend.
- Students must complete an application form to be considered for the award and complete the "Statement of Purpose" describing why the student is participating in the internship.
- The Executive Director of the Unanue Institute will make the final decision after consultation with the Stipend Committee composed of administrators and Board Members.
- Students should be aware that FAFSA financial need information and financial need may be considered when making awards.
- Students are eligible for only one Internship Stipend per semester, not to exceed $500.00. Renewals are not guaranteed.
- The student must have an acceptance letter enclosed in the application confirming the internship from the sponsoring organization to apply.
- The scholarship will support expenses connected to transportation costs for the internship. Awards are not intended to cover tuition or internship program fees and may not cover the total cost of the internship expenses.
- Students that are awarded the Internship Stipend are required to participate in the Institute's events for prospective students and guests.
- To be a part of this program, students must demonstrate an appreciation of Latino culture, and must actively participate in the activities of the Institute.
- Students awarded the stipend will receive payment in one lump sum through a check made by Seton Hall University. Any unused funds must be returned to the Institute through the University Bursar two weeks after the semester concludes.
Students initially are required to write a short essay 2-3 pages "Statement of Purpose" in length describing their appreciation of the Latino culture and their professional goals and what they are currently doing to achieve that goal. (i.e., list your major, papers or publications you have written, clubs or organizations you are involved in, and if you are an intern or volunteer in your respective field, etc.)
Students must fill out an application form and submit it with a short essay and recommendations.
Students must write and send a monthly report of activities related to mentoring and a statement reflecting the use of funds and transportation receipts. In addition, the Unanue Institute must receive the report no later than the 26th of each month.
Renewals are not guaranteed. Students must be all eligibility requirements for renewal.