I earned my Ph.D. in Finance from Purdue University and came to Seton Hall from the University of Texas at Austin. During my sabbatical year, I worked at the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) at Washington DC. My research interests include exchange-traded funds, financial technology, real estates, corporate finance, derivatives, family firms, financial accounting, and investments.
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- M.S., The University of Wisconsin at Madison
- B.S., University of Science and Technology of China
- Financial Strategy (BFIN3211)
- Futures, Options, and Other Derivatives (BFIN4234)
- Futures, Options, and Swaps (BFIN7231)
- Financial and Economic Analysis (BMBA 9113)
- Financial Decision Making (BMBA 9460)
- Tang, H., Xie, K., Xu, X. (2023). COVID-19 Pandemic and Bond ETF Valuation Discount. Journal of Fixed Income, The Journal of Fixed Income, 32 (3) 83-115.
- Fu, C., Deng, X., Tang, H., (2023). Who Cares About Corporate Fraud? Evidence from Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions of Chinese Companies. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 60, 747-789.
- Tang, H., Xie, K., Xu, X. (2022). Real Estate as a New Equity Market Sector: Market Responses and Return Comovement. Real Estate Economics, 50(2), 431-467.
- Fu, C., Huang, Q., Tang, H., (2022). Do ETFs Affect ADRs and U.S. Domestic Stocks Differently? Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 80, 101643.
- Pan, X., Tang, H. (2021). Are Both Managerial Morality and Talent Important to Firm Performance? Evidence from Chinese Public Firms. International Review of Financial Analysis, 73, 101602.
- Orenstein, P., Tang, H. (2021). Identifying the Relation between a Supply Chain Network’s Structure and Its Overall Financial Performance. Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 14(4), 399-409.
- Tang, H., Xu, X. E. (2019). Dissecting the Tracking Performance of Regular and Leveraged VIX ETPs. Review of Derivatives Research, 22(2), 261-327.
- Tang, H., Xu, X. (2017). A Review of Fixed-Income Indexing and Index Investing. The Journal of Wealth Management, 19(4), 85-103.
- Zhang, Y., Tang, H., Prombutr, W., Le, S. V. (2016). Pre-Event Trading Based on Value Line’s Weekly Rank-Change Announcements. The Journal of Trading, 11(3), 61-79.
- Tang, H., Xu, X. E. (2016). Tracking Performance of Leveraged Energy Exchange-Traded Funds. The Journal of Derivatives, 23(3), 37-60.
- Loviscek, A., Tang, H., Xu, X., (2014). Do Leveraged Exchange-Traded Products Deliver Their Stated Multiples? Journal of Banking and Finance, 43, 29-47.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2014). Tracking Performance of Leveraged and Regular Fixed Income ETFs. Journal of Fixed Income, 23, 64-90.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2014). Can International LETFs Deliver Their Promised Exposure to Foreign Markets? Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, 31, 30-74.
- Tang, H., (2014). Are CEO Stock Option Grants Optimal? Evidence from Family Firms and Non-family Firms around the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 42, 251-292.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2013). “Solving the Return Deviation Conundrum of Leveraged Exchange-Traded Funds. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 48, 309-342.
- Rao, R., Tang, H., Chandrashekar, S., (2013). Do Corporate Cash Holdings Predict Stock Returns?” Journal of Investing, 22, 29-39.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2013). Leveraging the Chinese Stock Markets: Tracking Performance and Return Deviation of U.S.-Listed China LETFs. Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 42, 845-879.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2013). On the Tracking Performance and Return Deviation of Real Estate Leveraged ETFs. Journal of Alternative Investments 15, 48-73.
- Tang, H., Xu, X., (2013). Tracking Performance of the U.S.-Listed China Real Estate ETF. Chinese Economy 46, 5-35.
- Abrevaya, J., Tang, H., (2011). Body Mass Index in Families: Spousal Correlation, Endogeneity, and Intergenerational Transmission" Empirical Economics, 41, 841-864.
- "Machine Learning" Specialization Certificate from Stanford University
- "AI For Business" Specialization Certificate from University of Pennsylvania
- The "Bright Idea Award" from the New Jersey Collegiate Business Administration Association (NJCBAA), 2022
- "Beck Researcher Award", Stillman School of Business, Seton Hall University, 2014-2018
- “The Researcher of the Year” Award from Seton Hall University, 2014
- University Research Council Research Award from Seton Hall University, 2013
- Research Achievement Award from Stillman School of Business, 2012
- Passed CFA level III exam, 2009
- “Distinguished Teaching Award” from Krannert School of Management, 2008
- Dissertation Award from Center for International Business Education and Research, 2007
- “The 1st Place Award” from Sigma Xi Graduate Research Competition, 2007