Hired in 1987, Dr. David Rosenthal is an Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Computing and Decision Sciences. Prior to coming to Seton Hall, Dr. Rosenthal was a Member of Technical Staff (MTS) at Bell Labs and a founder of the leading ERP company in the chemical industry. Dr. Rosenthal teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in information systems. His research interests center on ERP systems, aspects of accounting reporting in the technology industry and improving learning outcomes. Dr. Rosenthal publications have appeared in Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance and Journal of Accountancy. He has also published a textbook on programming, Introduction to Programming with Visual Basic.NET, published by Jones and Bartlett (with Dr. G. Bronson).
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Henry, T., Weitz, R. and Rosenthal, D., "Non-GAAP Earnings Disclosure Post 2010 SEC Regulation Change," Journal of Corporate Accounting and Finance,(to appear).
- Henry, T., Weitz, R. and Rosenthal, D., "The Gap between GAAP and Non-GAAP," CPA Journal, February 2020.
- Henry, T., Rosenthal, D. and Weitz, R., "Recent Trends in Reporting Non-GAAP Income: An Example from Social Media Companies," CPA Journal, June 2017.
- Weitz, R., Henry, T. and Rosenthal, D., "Limitations of Nonfinancial Metrics Reported By Social Media Companies," Journal of International Technology and Information Management, vol. 23, no. 3/4, pp. 11 – 44, 2016.
- Henry, T., Rosenthal, D. and Weitz, R., "Socially Awkward: Nonfinancial Metrics and Financial Performance," Journal of Accountancy, vol. 218, no. 3, pp 52-58, 2014.
- Rosenthal, D. and Weitz, R., "Large-Course Redesign via Blended Learning: A Post-Implementation Assessment Across Institutions", International Journal on E-Learning vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 189-207, 2012.
"University Athletic Websites: an Analysis and Comparison of Revenue Generation Features"
The Sport Journal, 13(2). April 2010.