Afua is a board-certified Registered Nurse with expertise in the care of adults in acute care setting. She has a wide array of nursing experiences covering the care of patients with medical and surgical conditions such as gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, pulmonary, orthopedic, breast and genitourinary problems to mention a few. Additionally, she has some experience in long term care, community, public, and mental health nursing.
She is passionate about knowledge acquisition and sharing, excellence in nursing and healthcare in general. She believes her diverse experiences have prepared her to help educate future nurses.
Her greatest joy is seeing her students receive their degrees at commencement and more especially, getting to know that the students have been successful on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
She is a certified Adult Mental Health First Aid Instructor.
- Post-Master's Certificate Course in Nursing Education, Rutgers, the State University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.A. in Nursing, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
- Diploma in Nursing, Korle, Bu Nurses' Training College, Accra, Ghana
- 2019 National League of Nursing Scholar.
- 2019 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Gamma Nu Chapter) Doctoral Scholarship.
- Experiential Education Student Award, Seton Hall University Career Center, 2010.
- Catherine Denning Award, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, 2010.
- Member of the New York State Nurses Association.
- Member of the American Nurses Association.
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.