I am the Outreach and Humanities Librarian and also the subject specialist for English, Classics, Modern Languages, Russian and East European Studies, the Valente Italian Library, Religious Studies, Digital Humanities, Philosophy and Liberal Studies.
Because I have my doctorate in Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures, I write about Slavic librarianship and library collections, although I also write on issues concerning digital scholarship and the digital humanities, information literacy and scholarly communication.
- PhD, Columbia University
- MLS, Rutgers University
- BA, Wesleyan University
- Transformative Digital Humanities: Challenges and Opportunities. Routledge, 2020.
- Librarian’s Guide to Writing for Professional Publication, ABC-Clio/Libraries Unlimited, 2018
- Creating the High-Functioning Library Space: Expert Advice from Librarians, Architects, and Designers. Libraries Unlimited, 2016.
- "Digital Trends and the Global Library Community." International Information and Library Review, 2016.
- "All Eyes on the Irish: Professors Consider How Their Descendants Have Left Their Mark on New Jersey." Courier Post, 2014.
- The Irish American Experience in New Jersey and Metropolitan New York: Cultural Identity,
Hybridity, and Commemoration.
Lexington Books, 2013.
- Hungarian, Czech and Polish Diaspora Collections in the U.S. and in the Homelands : a Guide to Resources in the New York Metropolitan Area. Slavic and East European Information Resources, 2013.
- Successful Strategies for Teaching Undergraduate Student Research. Rowman and Littlefield, 2013.
- "The Truth is Out: How Students REALLY Search." Proceedings of the Charleston Conference, 2013.
- The Polish Community of Wallington, N.J. Arcadia Publishing, 2013.
- "Academic Library Leadership, Second-Wave Feminism and Twenty-First Century Humanism: Reflections on a Changing Profession." Leadership in Academic Libraries Today: Connecting Theory to Practice. Rowman and Littlefield, 2013.
- "Web 2.0 and the Academic Library." Technical Services Quarterly, Vol. 27. Iss. 2. 2010.
- "Information Literacy: Discipline-Specific or Core Competency?" Slavic and East European Information Resources, Vol. 10. Iss. 2/3. 2009.
- Digital Scholarship. Routledge, 2009.
- The Vita Constantini as Literary and Linguistic Construct for the Early Slavs. VDM Verlag, 2009.
- East-Central European Collections of the New York Public Library Research Libraries. Vol. 9 (4) 2008.
- "Is the Revolution Over? Gender, Economic and Professional Parity in Academic Library Leadership Positions." College and Research Libraries, 2004.
- Booth Ferris Foundation Grant (2019-2020) (with Ramapo College)
- Bringing Theory to Practice Innovation Grant (2019-2020), (with Ramapo College)
- Albert B. Hakim Faculty Service Medal (2018-2019)
- Fulbright Specialist Grant. Institution: American University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan (2016)
- Association of College and Research Libraries Western European Studies Section /Slavic and East European Section Award (2014)
- Distinguished Service Award NJLA/CUS/Association of College and Research Libraries (2013)
- Google Research Grant. (2010)
- Dumbarton Oaks (Harvard University) Post-doctoral Fellowship ( 2009)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Institute, Sources of Russian and Soviet Visual Cultures, 1860-1935: Study, Teaching, and Education, New York Public Library (2008)
- Award for Distinguished Service to the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages (2008)
- Fulbright Senior Specialist in Library Science. Institution: Faculty of Philosophy, University of Zadar, Croatia (2007)
- Fulbright Senior Specialist in Library Science. Institution: Institut Marocain d'Information Scientifique et Technique, Rabat, Morocco (2003)