Diane Logan, Ph.D., has been a case manager in community health for over 20 yrs, and currently teaches undergraduate programs as a full time faculty. Diane Logan has worked in many fields of nursing including medical surgical, psychiatric, community health/home care, head trauma,dialysis and she currently holds certification as a school nurse/health educator.
- Ph.D. in Health Sciences, Seton Hall University
- Masters of Science in Nursing, Health Education, School Nurse Certification (2013), Kean University, Union New Jersey.
- Bachelors of Nursing (May 2008), Kean University, Union New Jersey
- Registered Nurse (1996), Muhlenberg School of Nursing, Plainfield New Jersey
- Licensed practical Nurse (1985), Union County College, Cranford New Jersey
- Logan, D. (2021) A Blueprint for Becoming a Successful Clinical Nursing Professor: Promoting Health and Wellness in the Clinical Environment to Produce Emerging Nurse Leaders, Creative Nursing, 27(2).
- Logan, Diane R. “Transition from Hospital to Home: The Role of the Nurse Case Manager in Promoting Medication Adherence in the Medicare Population.” Creative Nursing, vol. 25, no. 2, 2019, pp. 126–132., doi:10.1891/1078-4518.104.22.168.
- Logan, D. (2020). “Snowball Sampling.” Conducted a research survey on nursing burnout. Results were used to educate PhD students in the School of Health Sciences on the technique of snowball sampling.
- “A Blueprint for Becoming a Successful Clinical Nursing Professor: Promoting Health and Wellness in the Clinical Environment to Produce Emerging Nurse Leaders.” Podium Presentation: Creative Nursing Journal & Appalachian State University's Department of Nursing, Virtual Conference via Zoom, In It Together: Breaking New Ground for Leadership, 2021.
- “Improving self-confidence.” Podium Presentation: Oasis, A Haven for Woman and Children, Paterson, NJ, 2020. “Asthma.” Podium Presentation: International Central Gospel Church New Jersey-Liberty Temple, Orange NJ, 2016.
- “Hidden dangers in energy drinks.” Poster displayed at the following: Mount Sinai Research Symposium, 2020; Watchung Hills Regional High School, Watchung N.J. 2020; Cicely Tyson School of Performing and Fine Arts, East Orange NJ, 2019
- “Macular Degeneration.” Poster presentation at Fellowship Village Health Fair, Basking Ridge, NJ, 2020
- “Bullying.” Poster presented at Cicely Tyson School of Performing and Fine Arts, East Orange NJ, 2019
- “Medication Reconciliation in the Medicare Population.” Poster presentation at Kean Nursing Research Symposium May 2013
- DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty, nominated by students for excellent teaching in the clinical setting. 2022
- The Mother Seton Award presented to the Faculty Member most representative of the ideals of Mother Seton and specifically for outstanding servant leadership, support, guidance and commitment to student academic and clinical excellence, enhanced patient experience and operations efficiency of clinical partner organizations. 2020
- Distinguished Service Award, Kean University 2013
- Guest speaker, Muhlenberg School of Nursing Commencement 2012
- Ratta Annual Nursing Initiative Annual Scholarship, 2010-2013, Kean University
- School Nurse Certification/Health Education
- IV Certification, Caring Network
- Peritoneal Dialysis Certification
- Advanced-Vac Wound Care Certification
- ELNEC, Palliative Nursing Care Certification
Professional Academic Distinctions /Memberships:
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter, Seton Hall University
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Lambda Alpha Sigma Honors Society
- Alpha Pi Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Lambda, National Honor Society of Graduate and Professional Students
- New Jersey School Nurse Association
- National Nursing Association
- Medical Reserve Corp Member, Somerset County NJ
- Watchung NJ Board of Health Member
- Hillside Food Bank Volunteer
- Eva’s Village Paterson NJ Volunteer
- Oasis Paterson NJ Volunteer