Admission Requirements for D.N.P.
The following are required for admission to the D.N.P. Program:
- graduate of an A.C.E.N. or C.C.N.E. accredited Baccalaureate or Master's Program in Nursing with a minimum of 3.0 GPA;
- résumé or curriculum vitae;
- personal statement (not more than 1,000 words) outlining career goals and objectives, career progress and area of interest for Scholarly Project;
- two reference letters from nurses (one doctoral prepared, preferably DNP, and one minimally master's-prepared). One professional letter from a supervisor and one academic. Two professional letters may be accepted for students out of school for an extended time;
- official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges and schools attended, both undergraduate and graduate;
- Post-MSN DNP applicants with a GPA below a 3.5 will be required to submit satisfactory scores on Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past 5 years;
- documentation of professional nursing licensure, CRNP license (if applicable) and specialty certification (if applicable) within the United States;
- TOEFL scores (minimum scores of 22 in reading, 22 in listening, 26 in speaking and 24 in writing) and WES reports for all nurses educated outside the United States and/or educated in a language other than English; and
- application fee of $75.
Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
The following areas of undergraduate study must be completed prior to the first graduate course in nursing and are not credited toward the graduate degree: Statistics, Nursing Research and an Undergraduate Physical Assessment course. Nurse practitioner students must complete a basic physical assessment refresher course no more than three years prior to enrolling in Practicum I
Prior to enrollment in clinical courses, accepted students must complete Joint Commission and OSHA requirements for immunization, medical history, liability insurance, criminal background check and competencies including the American Heart Association Certification course for CPR (BLS for Healthcare Professionals).
Apply Online Here
Begin or continue your online application.