M.H.A. Program Details
Flexible, student-focused and the only accredited program of its kind (online/hybrid and on campus) in New Jersey, the Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.) degree program at Seton Hall University has been educating leaders in the healthcare industry for more than two decades.
We provide the essential experiences and courses that an M.H.A. student needs to understand the complicated, challenging and highly-rewarding field of healthcare management.
Our M.H.A. program focuses on six key areas of study referred to as learning domains:
- Leadership in the healthcare environment
- Management for healthcare leaders and professionals
- Critical thinking and analytical skills applied to industry challenges
- Population health within the healthcare environment
- Communication for effective relationships
- Professionalism and ethics
Acting Program Director: Nalin Johri, Ph.D., MPH
We help our students get ahead in their careers. Whether our students desire an on-campus experience or prefer the flexibility of an "anytime, anywhere" approach to their education, we utilize state-of-the-art learning technologies and a highly interactive educational environment to support our current and topical curriculum.
- 42-credit full- or part-time program can be completed in 2 years for online and 2-4 years for on-campus students
- Choice of online/hybrid or on-campus classes; students enroll in one format or the other, each offering the same CAHME-accredited curriculum and degree.
- MHA program is distinguished by real life activities and applications including simulations.
- Online/hybrid program students, known as Learning Teams, come together, in person, three times for intensive residencies to fulfill course requirements and for networking and developing professional skills (see M.H.A./Hybrid Online Curriculum Information).
- Capstone experiences: the culmination of the program gives students five options to fulfill degree requirements and participate in an applied, résumé-building experience
- Students can get involved with the Seton Center for Community and Population Health, which partners with community health agencies focused on improving the health status of New Jersey residents.
- The M.H.A.'s home within the School of Health and Medical Sciences invites our students to interact with myriad interprofessional health professionals.
Our experienced and dedicated faculty understand the needs of adult and non-traditional students. We work closely with each student to help him or her meet the requirements of the program and his or her individual career goals. The M.H.A. program is home to an incredibly diverse set of students-a reflection of our metropolitan location, the accessibility of our online/hybrid program and the ever-changing healthcare field.
- The only M.H.A. program of its kind (online/hybrid and on-campus) in New Jersey accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). Click below for accreditation summaries:
- Exclusive membership in CAHME's Mentorship Circle to share lessons and innovations with peer institutions
- Students selected for prestigious fellowships and nationally renowned scholarships from the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Hospital Association
- Strong affiliation with the New Jersey chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the New Jersey Hospital Association
- Membership in the Association of University Programs in Health Administration
Tuition and Financial Aid Information
Please visit the Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration for all tuition, fees and financial aid resources.