The Digital Media area of study prepares students for communication changes and challenges by understanding what media is and how to use it.
Digital Media courses focus on unique experiences and blend communication theory with real-world practice ensuring your success in a rapidly changing world.
Learning Outcomes Include:
- Differentiate among the ways the internet is used in our everyday lives.
- Outline and classify the different ways internet communication impacts individual identity and human behavior in face-to-face and online contexts.
- Design communication strategies that address various internet communication challenges.
- Examine the relationship between media, culture, and social processes.
The curriculum for the Digital Media area of study includes:
- Theory and Practice of Digital Communication
- The Internet and Communication
- New Media, Organizations, and Institutions
- Seminar in Communication Technologies Ethics