Network Guest Accounts
Guest accounts are available to alumni and University sponsored visitors to the SHU campus. Guest accounts provide temporary access to the University network and Internet on desktop computers in the Public Computer Labs. Guest accounts do not provide for e-mail or web accounts, and typically expire after 24 hours. Guests who wish to print on campus must obtain a printer card from the Campus ID Office in Duffy Hall room 63. More information about guest printing and associated fees can be found here.
Seton Hall University Alumni can obtain a guest account at Circulation Desk on the second floor of the Walsh Library (Information Commons).
- Alumni requesting a Guest Account must have a valid SHU Alumni ID card and photo ID (such as a driver's license) to obtain a guest account.
- Alumni must bring a CD-RW or flash drive if they wish to save any work done in the computer labs.
- Alumni users must comply with the Appropriate Use Policy for IT Resources.
- Alumni guest accounts are available on the spot during normal hours of operation.
University sponsored visitors include conference and workshop attendees, guest lecturers, business partners, vendors and visiting scholars.
- The university sponsor must make a request for the guest account through the Technology Service Desk at least 2 weeks in advance of the visit.
- The university sponsor will be asked to provide the name and contact information for each visitor that he or she is sponsoring.
- The guest account information will be released to the sponsor who will be responsible for the accounts while they are active.
- The sponsor will provide the guest account information to the visitor(s) once they arrive on campus.
- The duration of the guest account can be extended to accommodate conference or workshop attendees who will be on campus and need access to the account beyond 24 hours.
- Visitors using a university network guest account must agree to abide by the Appropriate Use Policy.