Laptop Transfer of Ownership
In order to qualify for ownership, you must complete the process outlined below.
Ownership of the laptop is contingent upon completion of graduation requirements. In the event that you have not completed your degree, the Transfer of Ownership agreement will become null and void. You will also be required to continue in the Mobile Computing Program under the university guideline set forth regarding participation in the program.
The online Laptop Transfer of Ownership for May graduating students begins early May and ends on graduation day. This means that you can complete the “Laptop Transfer of Ownership” on any computer (it will not work on your phone), as long as you have an internet connection.
After graduation, Seton Hall University will no longer be liable for any future use of the machine, the repair or maintenance of hardware or the upgrade/reinstall of software. In no event shall the University be liable for any incidental, special, indirect, or consequential damage of whatever nature.
In addition to completing the “Laptop Transfer of Ownership” Agreement, it is your responsibility to follow the instructions to remove your laptop from the SHU Domain. This removes all the restrictions on your laptop, and does not affect any of your data or pre-installed software.
Instructions to Transfer Ownership of Your Laptop
- On your computer, open the Laptop Transfer of Ownership form.
- Enter your Seton Hall ID (located on the back of your ID card)
- Provide your contact information
- Indicate your graduation date.
- Enter the serial number of your laptop (Do not enter any dashes) and it is always the number “0,” not the letter “O”. Serial numbers are the 7 or 8 digits after S/N on the bottom of your laptop.
- Click Submit
- A confirmation page will appear showing that you properly submitted the “Transfer of Ownership” agreement and additional instruction on what to do next.
- Students who successfully complete the Laptop Transfer of Ownership Agreement will receive a confirmation email.
If you have any questions, please contact the Asset Management Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org