The Public Relations area of study prepares students for a seat at the management table in agency and in-house settings. Our graduates become associates, managers, and vice presidents at agencies such as RF Binder, Verisk Analytics, and BCW Global and specialists and managers at organizations such as the Archdiocese of Newark, Stripe, and LIXIL.
The Public Relations area of study focuses on unique experiences and blends communication and PR theory with real-world practice. This approach ensures student success in a rapidly changing world.
Learning outcomes include:
- Identify and explain managerial-level public relations research and writing.
- Describe necessary considerations for quantification of public relations research.
- Apply the values, theories, principles, and management strategies that guide the PR process.
- Develop an understanding of the role of PR in internal and external communications and employee relations.
- Select the most appropriate form of communication for the research.
The curriculum for the Public Relations area of study includes:
- Public Relations Research and Reporting
- Global Perspectives
- Theory and Principles of Public Relations
- Strategic Planning and Practical Application