Our interdisciplinary program helps healthcare professionals become advanced practitioners, researchers, managers and educators - and Seton Hall is one of only two schools in New Jersey to offer the health sciences doctorate.
Whether your ultimate goals are in the classroom or the boardroom, as a clinician or a researcher, the Seton Hall Ph.D. in Health Sciences program offers a relevant specialization track. Our students can choose to focus on health professions leadership, movement science or speech-language pathology.
Students choose to study full- or part-time. Our classes meet once a week in the evening, using a synchronous online model of learning. Students can complete the synchronous online program plan in 6-years part-time or 3 ½ years full-time.
We Aim to Prepare Health Scientists Who
- Exhibit communication, educational and research skills to serve as active contributors to the healthcare system;
- Consider ethical values and principles fundamental to the provision and receipt of healthcare services and research;
- Use pedagogical and organizational skills necessary to deliver healthcare in an efficient and effective manner;
- Critically appraise health science literature and apply the appropriate principles and procedures to the recognition, evaluation, interpretation, and understanding of current issues;
- Apply the principles of scientific inquiry to investigate problems at the frontiers of knowledge; and
- Demonstrate knowledge and sensitivity of culturally diverse populations and their
attitudes toward health and illness.
Our graduates go into higher education, research positions, advanced clinical positions, and leadership and management positions in diverse healthcare settings.