The Department of Biological Sciences offers an interdisciplinary minor program in environmental sciences. This program is designed for students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or physics. The environmental sciences minor teaches students scientific skills for practical use in this field of investigation.
- BIOL 3200 Sustainability in the Marine Environment (3 Credits)
- CHEM 2215 Analytical Chemistry I (4 credits)
- CHEM 2216 Analytical Chemistry II (4 credits)
- PHYS 3511 Environmental Physics (3 credits)
Special topics courses as appropriate may be substituted by permission. Choose other ENVL courses to make a total of 20 credits.
*= The required courses have the following pre-requisites:
- Prerequisite courses with labs for Ecology and Environmental Toxicology:
- BIOL 1211/1212 General Biology/Organism; BIOL 1222/1223 General Biology/ Cell; BIOL 2221/2222 Genetics;
- Prerequisite courses with labs for Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Toxicology, and Environmental Physics:
- CHEM 1123/1125-1124/1125 General Chemistry I-II and CHEM 2313-2314 Organic Chemistry I-II;
- Prerequisite courses with labs for Environmental Physics:
- PHYS 1701-1702 General Physics I-II, MATH 1401 Calculus I
Our faculty conduct internationally recognized research and innovative, technologically-enhanced instruction. Grounded in practical experience but exploring the frontiers of their disciplines, they define the nature of academic excellence.
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs; notable alumni; state-of-the-art facilities; renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.