The Strategic Communication and Leadership certificate focuses on the critical areas of strategic communication, organizational culture, change management, team building and teamwork, and diversity and globalization. The certificate provides the knowledge; skills and abilities such as effective communication skills face-to-face, in groups, or online; that modern professionals need to succeed and grow their organizations.
To be considered for admission, applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Electronic application and application fee
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement (up to 550 words, about 2 pages) - please review our tips and suggestions
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended - including pre- and post-baccalaureate coursework
- GRE or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores (waivers available for qualified applicants)
- Letters of recommendation (2)
International applicants are welcome. Please review additional details for supplemental requirements.
The certificate is earned by successfully completing the four required courses (12 credits):
- COMM 7798 Managerial Communication
- COMM 6300 Strategic Organizational Communication
- COMM 8001 Multiculturalism and Leadership: Communication Perspectives
- COMM 7779 Crisis Communication
The faculty in our internationally recognized research and teaching programs are committed to guiding students to success. Seton Hall is a Catholic University where great thinkers do more than think. They teach.
A dynamic community comprised of scholars, theorists, critics, and professionals, Graduate Studies within the College of Human Development, Culture, and Media provides students with dynamic and immersive learning experiences blending theory and practical components that permit students to recognize, test, and translate course material into academic, professional, and workplace settings.