Whether you're a student, a recent graduate, or an aspiring professional working to excel in your career and live your best life, then Seton Hall's innovative new Leadership and Professional Development 101 Certificate Program is for you.
The new Leadership and Professional Development 101 Certificate Program provides participants with essential skills and strategies that are not only needed to become successful professionals, but to become successful leaders. Content for this program was first delivered in fall 2020 in a record-setting course offering, which attracted over 300 Seton Hall students, staff, faculty and administrators.
This 10-week certificate-bearing program — offered in conjunction with Seton Hall's Buccino Leadership Institute — is designed for early-level professionals who are looking to build confidence, gain tangible skills and flourish in their professional community. Returning to work or changing your career? This course will provide you with the motivation and confidence to get back out there.
Classes will be a hybrid of live, in-person as well as synchronous, remote via MS Teams on Seton Hall's South Orange campus. Highly interactive and personalized, the curriculum is designed to fast-track your success through a unique three-pronged educational approach where students 1) gain confidence in themselves and their strengths, 2) learn how to use those strengths to build their brand and enhance their value, and 3) learn the strategies and methods to translate their potential in their career and professional success.
Fall 2021 Program Specifics
September 22 - December 9, 2021
Wednesdays, 7 - 9 p.m.
(No classes on November 24, December 1, and December 8)
Thursday, December 9 – Networking Event during men's basketball game SHU vs Texas
Tuition: Standard/Professional Rate: $999; Graduate Student: $799; Undergraduate Student: $599
Early bird pricing has been extended until 9/19/21 (20% discount) Use Code LPD101Early at registration check out.
Additional discounts are available for current Seton Hall employees and alumni. For more information, please contact CEPS@shu.edu.
Leadership and Professional Development
In this certificate program, learn your strengths, define your goals, and accelerate your career.
Why Choose Seton Hall's Leadership and Professional Development 101 Certificate Program?
- Proven Expertise: Learn directly from the #1 leadership development certificate program in the nation, as voted by HR.com five years in a row, and a trio of esteemed faculty from across the professional spectrum.
- Personal, Interactive Learning: Receive hands-on, personalized training and critical feedback from instructors who are invested in your success and able to ascertain your strengths and weaknesses.
- Value: Receive strength assessments and personalized feedback, invaluable networking and interviewing strategies, an exclusive networking event, and other leadership assessments that would normally cost thousands of dollars.
- Access to instructors: Build relationships with three professional educators who care about your success, your journey and your future. Participants will be invited to advanced sessions and have opportunities to receive professional leadership coaching throughout your career.
- Community: Benefit from a supportive group of fellow learners on a similar journey and build your network with a group of ambitious professionals who share the same passion for success.
- Continuing Education Credits: Obtain certified continuing education and SHRM credits.
- Special Pricing: Discounts are available for current Seton Hall Alumni and students (both graduate and undergraduate). Early bird registrants save 20% by August 31.
- Discover their strengths and weaknesses using industry-leading professional leadership assessments like the Eq-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence assessment and StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment,
- Learn to set meaningful goals and processes to achieve them,
- Understand the self-imposed limitations holding them back and how to overcome them,
- Learn how to shape their personal brand, receive a personalized "social media appraisal" and learn strategies to find the best mentor(s),
- Receive a professional headshot and learn to look and act the part in social and professional settings,
- Learn how to craft a winning resume and refine interpersonal communication and interviewing skills through workshops, exercises, and mock interviews,
- Learn and practice valuable in-person and virtual networking strategies, culminating in an exclusive networking event with industry leading professional representatives,
- Obtain certified continuing education and SHRM credits, and
- Receive a Certificate in Leadership and Professional Development from the Buccino Leadership Institute, the #1 leadership development certificate program in the nation as voted by HR.com five years in a row.
The program was created by three motivated and engaging instructors, each with a unique professional background and educational skill set, who deliver content in a fun and relatable way:
Bryan Price, Ph.D. – The current Executive Director of the Buccino Leadership Institute at Seton Hall and a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army with combat experience, Price also founded and serves as the CEO of Top Mental Game, a company which helps business leaders and athletes perform at their best when it matters the most.
Michael G. Gordon, Esq. – A practicing attorney currently serving as Corporate Legal, Regulatory, and Securities Counsel for an industry-leading Fortune 500 technology company, Gordon also teaches as an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Seton Hall’s Stillman School of Business and was appointed a Bar Examiner for the State of New Jersey. Michael is a five-time New Jersey Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars recipient, an Adjunct Professor of the Year nominee, and a proud graduate of Seton Hall Undergrad (2006) and Seton Hall Law (2009).
Joe Testa, M.B.A., FPC – As a corporate resolution support specialist and digital/e-commerce product success driver for an industry leading Fortune 500 company, Testa is a proud Seton Hall alumnus (2012). He attained his MBA in 2020 and has served two years as Co-President of Seton Hall’s Young Alumni Club and as a member of Seton Hall’s Alumni Board of Directors. He has vast mentoring experience, serving countless young professionals and students, helping them craft actionable strategies to find professional success.
Continuing Education and Professional Studies at Seton Hall University provides professionals with opportunities to continue their education, earn degrees, advance their careers, and enjoy personal enrichment.