The TESOL teacher certification program at Seton Hall University provides individuals with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to serve English Language Learners (ELLs) in K-12 academic settings. The program consists of 15 semester credits offered in a distance learning format for maximum convenience. The program sequence is an ideal pathway to an additional instructional certificate for practicing teachers. For those who do not hold a standard or provisional NJ instructional certificate, they may pursue the ESL 15-credit sequence as part of the Seton Hall CEAS program.
Attend a TESOL virtual information session to learn more.
- An efficient, 15-credit pathway for NJ classroom teachers to an additional endorsement in K-12 ESL.
- Unique distance learning model designed with practicing teachers in mind.
- A promotional tuition rate maximizing program value.
- Personalized advisement that allows students to move through the program at their preferred pace.
- Opportunities to attain The TESOL Servant Leadership Distinction Award, a reflection of the University mission.
- Initial steps toward a graduate degree: Combine the TESOL program track with EDST graduate programs in Instructional Design or in Special Education.