The Minor in Musical Theatre offered through the College of Communication and the Arts is a vibrant program for student performers seeking to perfect their skills in this art form.
I. Required Courses (12 credits)
- COTR 2626 Acting I (3 credits)
- COTR 2631 Theatre History (3 credits)
- MUAP 1131 Beginning Voice (2 credits) and/or
- MUAP 2231 Private Lessons (2 credits)
- MUAP 1151 University Choir (1 credit)
- MUAP 1172 Opera/Musical Theatre Workshop (1 credit)
- MUHI 1134 Music of Broadway (3 credits)
II. Elective Courses:Choose one of the following (3 credits)
- COST 3621 Directing (3 credits)
- COST 3623 Lighting for Television, Theater and Film (3 credits)
- COST 3625 Scene Design (3 credits)
- COST 3626 Acting II: Classical Styles (3 credits)
The faculty in our internationally recognized research and teaching programs are committed to guiding students to success. Seton Hall is a Catholic University where great thinkers do more than think. They teach.
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university -a national reputation;challenging academic programs;notable alumni;state-of-the-art facilities;renowned faculty;and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship -with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.