New Online Certificate Program: Health professionals nationwide are heeding the call to improve the delivery of patient care, practice efficiency and job satisfaction. Why? Consolidations and mergers have dramatically changed the face of the medical practice. From governance issues to information technology, today’s practice managers face a host of new complexities and competing priorities that demand more robust skills and knowledge than ever before.
We are in such a rapid time of change that those in practice management, like all healthcare organizations, are under increasing stress. New organizational structures, patient engagement, MACRA (Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act) and other value-based strategies are creating the need for profound change in how we develop practice management skills.
Seton Hall’s 15-credit Graduate Certificate in Practice Management for Health Professionals offers the latest techniques and models for superior practice management outcomes.
Your practice cannot afford a “wait and see” approach. This certificate program – offered online and taught by the same faculty of the University’s CAHME-accredited MHA degree program – will accelerate your efforts to identify, meet and exceed your practice management goals.
By The Numbers
"Our students will learn to see challenges as opportunities. Effective change management involves taking new knowledge and turning it into new processes or services. The obstacles and rate of change are certainly daunting- but a keen eye to the unique needs of medical practices is a critical place to dive in."Anne M. Hewitt, PhDSeton Hall MHA Program Director and Director of the Seton Center for Community and Population Health
A core of three (3) required courses combined with a series of electives blend together to form a comprehensive and rigorous overview of the latest techniques and models for superior practice management. The 15-credit Graduate Certificate in Practice Management for Health Professionals is offered entirely online.
Required Courses (8 credits)
• HCAD 7513 Healthcare Management (3 credits)
• HCAD 7521 21st Century Healthcare Systems (2 credits)
• HCAD 7525 Practice Management for the Healthcare Sector (3 credits)
Elective Courses (7 credits)
• HCAD 6005 Financial and Managerial Accounting and Costing in Healthcare (3 credits)
• HCAD 7530 Change Management and Innovation in Health Care (2 credits)
• HCAD 7520 Healthcare Data Analytics (3 credits)
• HCAD 8521 Quality and Risk Management in Healthcare (3 credits)
• HCAD 8523 Ethics in Healthcare (2 credits)
• HCAD 8530 Emergency Management for Health Professionals (2 credits)
• HCAD 8999 Independent Study (1 credit)
Students admitted to this certificate program may elect to apply certain coursework toward the Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.) degree (online or on-campus), should they desire to pursue the full, 42-credit degree.
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Practice Management for Health Professionals must meet the same admission requirements as those that are in place for the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree.
• MHA Admissions Info
• Online Application
Application Deadlines for Online Certificate:
• July 1 for Fall Semester
• December 1 for Spring Semester
Opportunity for Current MHA Students and Alumni
Current students and recent graduates of the Seton Hall Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program may be able to apply earned credits toward the Graduate Certificate in Practice Management for Health Professionals:
• Current students in good academic standing may be able to apply 3 credits of their coursework toward the certificate, pending approval by the School of Health and Medical Sciences.
• Recent graduates (within 5 years) may be able to apply 3 credits of their coursework toward the certificate, pending approval by the School of Health and Medical Sciences.
Seton Hall's healthcare administration faculty are doctorally prepared professors within the School of Health and Medical Sciences. They understand the needs of adult and non-traditional students and will work closely with you to help you advance your career goals. Many of the program's adjunct professors and guest lecturers are actively working in healthcare management
Learn the Art and Science of Caring
In response to society's rapidly changing healthcare needs, the School of Health and Medical Sciences combines the expertise of Seton Hall University with the resources of affiliate healthcare sites to provide exemplary academic and clinical training in graduate-level health sciences and health administration. The school's emphasis on interprofessional education prepares healthcare leaders of tomorrow to focus on patient-centered care and to make a difference in patients' lives and their communities.
Loading Certificate in Practice Management for Health Professionals...