Open enrollment starts Monday, October 31 and ends Friday, November 11, 2016. The benefit selections you make during Open Enrollment are effective January 1, 2017. Open Enrollment elections are in effect for the entire calendar year unless you experience an IRS "qualifying event" [i.e. change in marital status, birth/adoption of a child] and your change must be completed with Benefits Department within 31 days of the event.
You only need to complete open enrollment if you wish to make changes to your medical and dental benefit elections OR if you wish to re-enroll in the medical and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts. If you have no changes and do not wish to participate in flexible spending accounts, you do not need to take any actions. Your health benefits will continue as-is.
Two open enrollment fairs have been scheduled, please come and speak directly with our plan representatives:
- The medical plans have two new enhancements: Bariatric Surgery, and new Vision benefits through EyeMed.
- New Medical and Dental Rates
All benefit eligible employees must complete their open enrollment benefits elections online via Banner Self-Service. An instructional video, written instructions and a flowchart are available to assist you in processing your elections.
Seton Hall University offers two medical plans through Cigna Healthcare. Both plans provides both in-network and out-of-network coverage. Review the quick comparison of the plans to help with your decisions.
- Point-Of-Service - Summary of Benefits and Coverage. This plan is a traditional HMO, where you select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) at the time of enrollment and you must receive a referral from your PCP to access a specialist physician or service. The network of physicians is restricted to NJ, NY, CT, DE and PA. Click HERE to learn how the POS Network works.
- Open Access Plus - Summary of Benefits and Coverage. This plan does not require a Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referrals to see specialists. The network of physicians is nationwide. Click HERE to learn how the OAP Network works.
Vision Coverage – Summary of Benefits
Included in the medical coverage is a new vision coverage through EyeMed. The vision benefits are covered under the Insight Network.
Enjoy a $0 out-of-pocket cost on any frames at Sears Optical® or Target Optical®. Access frames from top fashion brands such as: Coach, Ray-Ban, Vogue, Oakley, DKNY and Armani Exchange.
Prescription Drug Coverage
The medical plan covers prescription drugs and is administered by Express Scripts; you must use your Express Scripts/MEDCO ID Card to purchase your prescription drugs. The plan provides coverage at retail network pharmacies and through home mail delivery.
Maintenance drugs must be purchased through Home Delivery after 3 purchases at a retail pharmacy. Home Delivery not only is convenient but it will provide you with significant savings.
|Medical Rates per Paycheck
(includes CIgna Medical, EyeMed Vision and Express Scripts Prescription Drugs)
|Coverage||Point of Service||Open Access Plus|
|EE + Children||$191.60||$88.43||$337.41||$155.73|
|EE + Spouse||$219.30||$101.22||$383.33||$176.92|
|EE + Family||$325.55||$150.25||$573.89||$264.86|
Seton Hall University offer two dental plans through Cigna Healthcare. Review the quick comparison of the plans to help with your decisions.
- CDC - DHMO - This dental plan provides in-network coverage only. Must select a Primary Dentist (PD) at the time of enrollment and you must receive a referral from your PD to access a specialist dentist or service. Click HERE to learn how this plan works. This plan has no deductibles and no annual maximums but you must refer to a Patient Charge Schedule for coinsurance amounts.
- PPO - Benefit Summary. This dental plan provides in- and out-of-network coverage and does not require a primary dentist or referrals. The reimbursement for services is based on reasonable and customary charges. Click HERE to learn more about this plan. This plan no longer prints dental ID cards.
|Dental Rates per paycheck|
|Coverage||CDC - DHMO||PPO|
|EE + Children||$16.06||$7.41||$32.90||$15.18|
|EE + Spouse||$16.06||$7.41||$32.90||$15.18|
|EE + Family||$22.49||$10.38||$46.05||$21.32|
- The health care spending account limit, per the IRS, is $2,550. You will be allowed to carryover up to $500 of your unused 2016 health care FSA funds into Plan Year 2017; you must re-enroll for 2017 or your eligible carryover funds will be waived. If your spouse is also eligible for a health care spending account as an employee of Seton Hall or another employer with FSA benefits, then you can each elect up to the $2,550 limit but cannot submit a claim for reimbursement for the same expenses.
- Select the following links for more information about the Health Care FSA and Eligible FSA Health Care Expenses.
- You can use the following FSA Calculator to assist in calculating your estimated annual election.
- The Dependent Care FSA account limit is $5,000 (this is the IRS limit per household). You will not be allowed to carryover unused 2016 dependent care funds into Plan Year 2017.
- Are you adding a new dependent to your coverage this year? Please confirm that your dependent qualifies as an Eligible Dependent prior to adding him or her to your coverage. You will be required to complete a Dependent Eligibility Verification Form and submit it to the Benefits Department along with the supporting documentation no later than Wednesday, November 30th.
- Are you changing medical plans and wish to add your dependents? You need to re-enroll your dependents under the new plan. Please follow the instructions in the instructional video, written instructions or flowchart.
You will need to have the following information on hand to process their enrollments:
- your dependent’s date of birth
- your dependent’s social security number
Please be informed that by not providing this information at this time, you may experience issues processing your health care claims.
General Benefits Information for 2017
Review the Benefits-at-a-Glance for your group category and learn about all the benefits that Seton Hall has to offer. Select material for your group: Faculty, Administrators or Non-Union and Local 153 Staff.
Ready to process your Open Enrollment Benefits Elections?
You must complete your medical, dental and/or FSA benefits elections through Banner Self-Service. No paper enrollments will be accepted. The deadline to complete your open enrollment elections is end of day Friday, November 11. To ensure IRS compliance, Human Resources is not able to offer extensions or grace periods.
Banner will send you an email to confirm your benefits elections for 2017. Please verify that your new elections are shown in this confirmation email. Do not return to the open enrollment portal if the information is correct.
Should you have any questions regarding Benefits, please contact the Benefits Team by e-mail or by phone at (973) 275-2755 or (973) 761-9176.