Ordained as a priest of the Archdiocese of Newark in 2006, Rev. Buonopane's area of specialization is food chemistry. Prior to seminary and the priesthood, Fr. Gerry held a number of positions in academia, the federal government (USFDA), and in the food and pharmaceutical industries. His research areas of interest are: Chemical Deterioration of Food Lipids: Oxidative Reactions; Essential Oils as Natural Antioxidants; and Cold Plasma Treatment of Botanicals and Essential Oils.
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., University of Connecticut
- B.S., Northeastern University
Buonopane, G.J., Antonacci, C., and Lopez, J.L. (2017). Effect of cold plasma processing on botanicals and their essential oils. Plasma Medicine, 6(3-4), 1-10.
- American Chemical Society
- The Institute of Food Technologists
- American Oil Chemists' Society