Friday, June 8, 2018
Bethany Hall, Seton Hall University
The 32nd annual Many Are One alumni awards gala sponsored by Mercer was held in the newly constructed Bethany Hall, a welcome center dedicated to Monsignor Robert Sheeran '67, president emeritus of Seton Hall on June 8, 2018. The sold-out event raised funds for the Many Are One Alumni Endowed Scholarship and recognized the following alumni for the many ways they have positively influenced our world and exemplify Seton Hall’s mission of servant leadership.
Most Distinguished Alumnus
Anthony Slimowicz '87 was awarded for his leadership in business and law, as well as his "unwavering dedication to help others through his support of philanthropic organizations." Read more »
Humanitarians of the Year
Nicole Battaglia '12 was awarded for her selfless service to society through her career in law enforcement as one of the first officers on the scene at the June 2017 shooting at a baseball practice in Alexandria, VA which left five people injured, including U.S. Representative Steve Scalise, the Majority Whip. Read more »
Dr. Christopher Fisher '93 was awarded for his life-saving actions following the Las Vegas mass shooting in October of 2017. Read more »
Thank you to our sponsors.
School and College Service Awards
Service Award recipients demonstrate tremendous servant leadership in their professions, communities and through their involvement with Seton Hall.
- College of Arts & Sciences
Lisa Donoghue ’95/M.B.A. ’96
- College of Communication and the Arts
Rosemary Mercedes ’99/M.A. ’02
- College of Education and Human Services
Thomas Lloyd Smith ’96
- College of Nursing
Barbara Kiernan ’65
- Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology
Monsignor William J. Linder '59/M.DIV. '63
- School of Diplomacy and International Relations
Colin Hart ’10
- School of Health and Medical Science
Kenyani Henderson ’10/M.S. ’13
- School of Law
John Shahdanian, J.D. ’97
- Stillman School of Business
Steven Karl ’83
About the Awards
Seton Hall University is like a mid-size city - with over 100,000 alumni, 10,000 students and 1,500 employees. However, over 160 years after its founding, it remains true to its mission; it is a welcoming community, rooted in faith, and is steadfast in the pursuit of academic excellence.
Tied together by a common bond, Many Are One is the only event at which all of Seton Hall comes together as one to celebrate Seton Hall. Through it, alumni, faculty, administrators, students and friends gather to share the special link that unites them all - their devotion to Seton Hall.
Each year, members of the University community are selected for special recognition. These honorees are chosen because of their dedication to improving Seton Hall and their communities.
- The Most Distinguished Alumnus Award is the most prestigious alumni award given by the University. This award is presented to an individual who has been recognized as an outstanding leader in his or her professional field.
- The Humanitarian Award is presented to an alumnus or alumna who embodies Seton Hall's mission of servant leadership by making a significant positive impact on his or her community.
- School and College Service Awards: Each year at Many Are One all of Seton Hall's schools and colleges select an alumnus/a to receive their respective service award. Service awards recognize the dedication each alumnus/a has to their profession and their service to their community and Seton Hall.