The Department of Housing and Residence Life provides a living, learning environment that fosters the academic and personal experience for residents, and helps them prepare for the rest of their lives.
Seton Hall is "home" to approximately 2,350 students - nearly 50 percent of the undergraduate population. There are six on-campus residence halls for undergraduate students and two apartment buildings, located in South Orange, for sophomores, juniors and seniors. All rooms are air conditioned and have single beds, desks, dresser and closet space.
First Year Students
Boland Hall houses 702 first year students. North Boland is suite style so two rooms share a bathroom. South Boland is single gender by floor and is arranged so individual rooms share a community bathroom. View Boland Hall Floor Plans »
The Pirate's Cellar is located in the basement and is available for studying, television, pool games, programs, and other assorted activities.
Campus Ministry and the Division of Volunteer Efforts (DOVE) are housed in basement of Boland Hall.
The residence hall director's office is located on the first floor. You can contact the Boland Hall front desk at (973) 761-9173.
Boland Hall Amenities
- 24-hour Security Desk
- 1 large laundry room
- Vending machines located in the main lobby and in The Pirate's Cellar
- Air Conditioning
- Fire Suppression System
- Wireless Access
- Study Room
- Laundry Facilities
Aquinas Hall is a co-ed residence hall housing approximately 490 students on four floors. Aquinas Hall offers suite-style rooms that consist of 2 bedrooms sharing 1 bathroom. Each suite houses 4-5 people of the same gender. Each room has its own heating/cooling unit. View Aquinas Hall Floor Plans »
Aquinas Hall Amenities
- 24-hour Security Desk
- Social and study lounges are available for students on each of the three floors.
- 12 different lounges with one having a pool table, another a ping pong table and each lounge has a flat screen tv in it.
- 5 laundry rooms (one on each floor, 2 on the 4th floor) with 3 washers and 3 dryers in each laundry room. You must use Pirate's Gold for usage.
- Vending (soda and snacks) is located on the second floor and in the third floor yellow lounge. There is also a university printer at the 2nd floor yellow main lounge.
- Aquinas TIRs are available to assist you with your schoolwork throughout the academic year.
You can contact the Aquinas Hall front desk at (973) 761-9566, 24 hours a day, during the academic year.
Upper Class Students
The Complex consists of Serra, Neumann, and Cabrini halls and houses approximately 550 upper-class students.
The Complex Amenities
- 24 hour security desk
- Suite style rooms with 4 - 7 people of the same gender sharing 1 bathroom
- Lounges on every floor
- Vending machines, microwaves, and laundry rooms on the 1st floor of all buildings
- Individually climate controlled rooms
- Free internet access and local phone access
- Free cable TV (including HBO, HBO2, STARZ, and ENCORE)
- Fully furnished rooms complete with beds, desks, dressers, and wardrobes
Xavier Hall houses nearly 520 upperclassmen and contains seven floors making it the tallest building on campus. From the top floors, you can catch a glimpse of New York City or see the leaves change color in the fall.
Xavier Hall Amenities
- In room Heating/Cooling Unit
- Quiet time in the Mother Seton Chapel of the Word
- A Lounge on Every Floor
- Three 24-hour Study Lounges
- A Game Room with a Pool Table, Foosball Table & Big Screen TV! (3rd Floor)
Off-Campus Residence Halls
Ora Manor houses approximately 103 upperclassmen in apartment-style housing that is owned and operated by Seton Hall University's Housing & Residence Life. Ora Manor is about 2 miles from the South Orange campus. In the heart of South Orange Village, Ora Manor is within walking distance of grocery stores, banks, restaurants, pharmacies, the South Orange Train Station, and the South Orange Performing Arts Center and Clearview Cinemas among others. Parking Services runs a shuttle called SHUFLY which offers transportation to and from campus in addition to all of the above locations and the area mall. SHUFLY is free to all resident students.
Ora Manor and Turrell Manor Residents' Guide »
Ora Manor Parking Application »
Ora Manor Amenities
- 2 bedroom /3 person furnished apartment (1 single, 1 double)
- 1 full Bathroom/Kitchen/Living Room
- 3 bedroom / 5 person furnished apartment (1 single, 2 doubles)
- 1 ½ Bathrooms/Kitchen/Living Room
- Cable and Internet is included in the Ora Manor Housing Rate. Students may contact Verizon to connect landline phone service if they wish.
- Furnishings include: Stove, Refrigerator, Kitchen Table/Chairs, and Living Room Sofa and Chairs
- All apartments have wall-to-wall carpeting. Some apartments have a balcony/patio
- Laundry facilities are a large community room with large screen television are located in the basement.
- A Security Guard provides lobby presence from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. every day and security completes routine daily walk-throughs.
- Multiple security camera monitoring various areas of the building and parking lot.
Turrell Manor is a unique living and learning community. It is home to 83 upper class students who are committed to academic excellence and servant leadership as a means of building a vibrant community. The Turrell Manor experience is one that nurtures and aids students during their transition period from college into the world after graduation. This living experience provides a focus for out-of-class learning through programming that integrates intellectual stimulation, dedication to service, and social interaction in a community living environment.
Ora Manor and Turrell Manor Residents' Guide »
Qualifications for Acceptance into the Program
- HRL Housing Application: Applicants must submit a housing deposit of $325 and a HRL Housing Application by the deadline.
- Credit Requirement: Applicants must have 30 credits earned before the 1st day of the semester for which you are applying.
- GPA Requirement: A 3.0 cumulative GPA must be earned at the time of application and maintained during residency.
- Community Service Requirement: Applicants must agree to participate in a minimum of 25 hours of community service each semester and provide documentation of such service.
- Turrell Application: Applicants must fill out the Turrell Application and answer all the questions by the application deadline.
Turrell Manor Amenities
- Off-campus residence address: 384 Turrell Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079
- Apartment-style housing: One, two or three bedrooms options with a kitchen/kitchenette, bathroom with tub and living room.
- *Apartments are each uniquely structured. Attending the Turrell Open House is strongly encouraged in order to better understand Turrell Manor's distinct and individualized housing layout as well as to find your perfect fit.
- Single occupancy apartment options available.
- Newly renovated bathrooms and kitchens in the entire apartment complex.
- Apartment furnishings: bed, closet or wardrobe and dresser or wardrobe/dresser combo for each resident. Each apartment also includes a dining set, living room furniture, including a desk and desk chair. *Note: Due to apartment sizes and fire regulations, some apartments may not include a desk and desk chair for each resident. Please contact the Residence Hall Director with specific questions.
- Full-size refrigerator and microwave provided in each apartment.
- All amenities such as electricity, local phone, cable and internet included in Housing rate. No Ethernet ports available.
- Residents are not required to purchase a meal plan but may opt for the any meal plan is they desire.
- Smoking is not permitted inside of the apartment building or on the fire escapes.
- Break housing available through registration as well as summer housing option available.